Let’s first start with identifying whether the annoying skin eruption is a boil or a pimple. If it’s on your face, chances are it is a pimple. But there could be exceptions, and you could get heat boils on face too.
What Is A Heat Boil
Heat boil also called as furuncle which is a red, painful swelling on the skin. It looks like a bulged pimple which is mainly caused due to infected hair follicles. It can appear anywhere on the skin.
Characteristics Of Heat Boils That Will Help You Distinguish Quickly:
- A boil starts off as a small, red nodule (no different from a pimple) on any part of your body.
- It grows in size and gets considerably large (larger than a typical pimple).
- Since a boil is filled with pus, it will look whitish in colour.
- The area around the boil gets tender and hard to the touch.
- Boils can get very itchy.
- Pimples usually appear as single eruption, but a boil is often found in a cluster.
Causes Of Heat Boils:
Boils are mainly caused because of bacteria called as staphylococcus aureus. This hair follicles or cuts on the skin gives the entry to this bacteria to penetrate into the skin. Boils are also caused when the sweat glands get blocked. Some of the other causes of heat boils are:
- Poor hygiene
- Tight clothing
- Excessive intake of alcohol
- Lack of essential nutrients in body
- Poor immune system
Symptoms Of Heat Boils:
- High fever (in children)
- The boil refuses to clear or drain out after many days.
- Red streaks or severe pain around the boil
- If you suffer from a medical condition like diabetes or heart disorders
- Swelling of the area surrounding the boil (if the boil is in the armpits or groin)
- A noticeable change in appetite
10 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Heat Boils Quickly:
#1 A warm compress
The easiest way to drain a boil is to draw the pus out with heat.
- Dip a clean cloth in warm, salted water, wring it out and place it on the boil for 10-15 minutes
- Do this as many times a day as possible
#2 Onion remedy
You can use the antiseptic nature of onions to cure the boil.
- Place a thick slice of onion on the boil and wrap it with a cloth
- Repeat this 3-4 times a day, until the boil clears
You can make a milk poultice as a heat boils remedy.
- In a teaspoon of milk (or milk cream – malai) add a little vinegar and turmeric
- Apply this paste to the boil and wash off after it dries
- Repeat this several times in a day for a quick cure
Our ancient medicine texts talk of turmeric as a healing herb. You can get the benefit by drinking a warm glass of milk with a spoonful of turmeric 2-3 times a day.
Alternatively, you can also apply a paste of turmeric and fresh ginger to the boil to heal it faster.
Another unfailing heat boils treatment is the mighty garlic.
- Make a paste of fresh garlic cloves and gently apply it to the boil
- Do this many times in a day for effective healing
#6 Tea Tree Oil:
- Tea tree oil is said to heal all the types of skin care problems.
- All you have to do is, apply 1-2 drops of tea tree oil directly on the boil.
- Alternatively, you can also go for castor oil if tea tree oil is not available.
- All you have to do is put 2-3 drops of castor oil on cotton ball and place it on your boil.
- Egg white is a magic ingredient that helps you get rid of boils instantly.
- Take one boiled egg and peel it.
- Soak the egg white in water for 5-7 minutes, apply it on your boil and apply it on your boil and cover it with a clean cloth.
#8. Cumin seeds:
- Grind some cumin seeds and make a paste by adding some water.
- Apply it on the infected area.
- You will surely see the results within a week.
#9. Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Apple cider vinegar contains anti-inflammatory properties which will lessen the redness and pain caused by the boil.
- All you have to do is take couple of tea spoons of apple cider vinegar and apply it gently on the boil.
- Repeat this 2-3 times a week to see the quick results
- Neem can be used to treat boils and soothe skin as it possess anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial properties.
- All you have to do is make the fine paste of neem leaves and water and apply it on affected areas.
- Do this twice or thrice a day to see the quick results.
How To Prevent Heat Boils:
Heat boils can be easily avoided if you take some precautions:
- Wash your hands regularly prevent the spread of infection.
- Practice good hygiene and use cleansing soap like Olay Sheer Moisture Beauty Bar while bathing.
- Whatever you do, do not squeeze the boil. You will only cause further inflammation and spread the infection.
- Exfoliate your skin regularly to keep pores and ducts clear.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get useful beauty tips here.