I have weird skin. It changes textures and personality depending on the season, my mood, what I’ve eaten, how hard I’ve worked (or partied) and whether I have to be somewhere important the next day or not.
To find a face wash that can keep pace with all these various moods isn’t easy. Plus, I’m a little suspicious about most of the commercially-available cleansing products. So I did a bit of reading to look for natural products for my face. And I found so much information on how to make face wash at home. I’ve tried it and it works wonderfully.
Instead of being selfish, I’ve decided to share some of the natural face wash secret recipes here, so you can save time and start getting happier skin right away.
5 Natural Face Wash Recipes For Beautiful Skin:
#1 Coconut oil face wash
The natural strength of coconut oil can remove daily accumulated dust, pollution and oiliness (yes, oil to remove oil!) and restore the natural moisture of your skin.
- Apply a few drop of coconut oil to your face.
- Gently massage it in for about 30 seconds.
- Cover your face with a warm towel to open up your pores and expel all impurities.
- After 15-30 seconds, remove the cloth and dab the oil away with a fresh washcloth.
- Do not wash your face, and allow the coconut oil to keep your facial skin soft and supple.
#2 Apple cider vinegar face wash
If you have sensitive skin, prone to breakouts, try washing it with apple cider vinegar. The pH level of this natural product is very close to our skin, and that’s what makes them best friends.
- Make a 1:2 solution of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Pour this in a bottle and shake really well.
- Apply it to your face, paying attention to affected areas.
- Use a cotton ball or clean fingers only.
- Let your face dry naturally. You can apply a moisturiser if it feels dry. I like Olay Moisturizing Lotion.
#3 Lemon and honey face wash
I like lemon and honey in my tea, but that’s not what we’re here to talk about.
When combined, the honey-lemon duo brings the goodness of an antiseptic and moisturiser to your skin. Bacteria are killed, dead skin is sloughed away, and ageing slows down. What else do you want, honey?
- Make your face wash by adding 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice to 2 teaspoons honey.
- Hold it in the palm of your hand to warm it up.
- Apply a thin layer to your face and neck.
- Let it dry and then rinse it off with warm water.
#4 Aloe vera face wash
Aloe vera is nature’s healing agent. You can get the benefit by adding it to your face wash recipes.
- In a bowl combine ¼ cup Aloe vera gel, 2 tablespoons rosewater, 2 tablespoons almond oil, 1 tablespoon soapwort extract, 5-10 drops lavender essential oil and 3-5 drops or 1 capsule vitamin E oil (this is optional)
- Transfer the solution to an airtight container.
- On your wet face, apply a small quantity of this solution and massage in circles for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
- Remember to shake the container before applying the face wash.
#5 Tea tree face wash
This face wash is an effective remedy if you have acne-prone skin. The anti-fungal properties will help clean your face and prevent further breakouts.
- Mix together ¼ cup castor oil, ½ cup grape seed oil, ¼ cup jojoba oil and 15 drops of tea tree oil.
- Mix it all well and transfer to an airtight jar.
- Take a few drops of this oil wash on your fingertips and massage it into your skin.
- Rub in slow circles for about a minute.
- Dip a washcloth in tolerably hot water and cover your face with it.
- Remove it after it cools. You can steam your face twice, if you want.
- Using a clean washcloth, wipe the oil off your face and pat it dry.
- If your face feels dry you can apply a moisturiser.
Also, check out 7 step guide to do face cleanup at home for acne prone skin here.
5 easy home recipes for face wash. Which one will you try first?
Read useful skin care tips here.
Learn expert beauty tips here.