Saffron or kesar is used in cooking, and has also earned a reputation as a beauty aid. It possesses therapeutic properties, and the potassium in it helps with cell formation and repair. Saffron benefits skin because it contains many vitamins and antioxidants that are beneficial to the skin. It is anti-inflammatory and soothes skin. It is antifungal and can be used to treat acne. If you use saffron for skin, make sure you purchase the highest quality of saffron. It should be deep red with orange tips and should take at least 15 minutes to change colors when soaked in water, and release a pleasant aroma.
Saffron for face can be used by making a saffron face pack, face scrub and toner. Known to lighten skin, saffron is also used as an ingredient in many beauty products. But if saffron is unavailable to you, you can use Olay Natural White 7 In One Glowing Fairness Cream SPF 24 to get glowing skin easily.
1. Saffron Toner:
- A saffron toner can be prepared by adding a few strands of saffron in rose water
- Leave it in for at least 15 minutes before you apply the toner on cleansed skin to score skin that is toned and firm
2. How To Get Glowing Skin With Saffron:
- For radiant skin, mix saffron strands with honey and massage into your skin
- It will help with blood circulation, and it’ll lighten, hydrate and soften the skin leaving your skin with a fresh glow
- Another face pack for luminous skin is a paste made with raw milk, saffron strands and sandalwood powder
Also, raw milk helps you maintain your natural skin glow. Check out 3 ways to use raw milk for skin here at our blog.
3. Kesar Face Pack For Skin Lightening:
Saffron is well-known as a skin lightening agent.
- You can make the most of this by mixing saffron strands with raw milk and lemon juice, and applying it on your skin for at least 15 minutes using circular motions
- It will help you get rid of tan, and with weekly use, you may notice that your skin color will lighten
- It is always a good idea to soak the saffron strands in milk for at least an hour before use
- You could also add sunflower seeds to this mixture, soak overnight, grind and apply the paste in the morning
4. How To Use Saffron To Treat Blemishes:
- Saffron can be soaked with a few basil leaves in water and then made into a paste
- This paste needs to be massaged into your skin using circular motion
- After leaving it on for up to 15 minutes, you can wash it off with cold water
- While saffron is antifungal, basil leaves are known to be antibacterial.
- They can work together to treat the acne
- You could also add turmeric, which is antiseptic, to this mix
5. Saffron For Skin Brightening:
- A great way to brighten dull skin is to soak saffron strands in water overnight
- This solution can be added to virgin coconut oil or olive oil and a bit of raw milk
- A bread piece can be used to scrub this mixture on your face. It is an effective way to exfoliate skin and improve blood circulation