Beards and moustaches are a great look to sport. However, you need to be aware of the care that goes into keeping them looking neat. Grooming beards and moustaches requires some amount of time and a few good products like beard and moustache wax, and conditioner.
Beard and moustache wax are used to style and hold your beard and moustache in place. The conditioner, on the other hand, helps keep facial hair soft and gives it some healthy shine. This means you don’t have to deal with hair getting into your mouth, and instead will have hair that is more controlled and soft to touch.
Though wax for the beard and moustache are available in the market, some folks find that one works for both and can be used interchangeably. There are a variety of wax products that you could choose, from organic to vegan. Another detail that you need to look for in the label is the holding strength – light, medium or strong. This depends on how you are wearing your beard and moustache, the texture of the facial hair, and the style you are going for – do you simply want it to look groomed or do you want to twirl the tips of whiskers and keep it up?
How to Use Moustache Wax
- How to start off with?
- After you choose the wax, expose it to some heat, hold it high above boiling water for a few seconds
- Then run hot water on the closed tin, or use a hair dryer just to loosen it a little, don’t let it turn into liquid
- You can use your finger to retrieve some wax
- You don’t dip your finger in it but instead move your finger along the surface and scrape off some wax
- This can then be rubbed between your finger and thumb until it becomes warm
- How to apply moustache wax?
- This warm wax can then be applied to your moustache, starting from the center and moving outwards
- A comb can be used to set it. If a comb is not available, an old toothbrush can do the work
- It will take a few minutes for the wax to set in and dry
- How to wash this wax off?
- Do remember to wash off the moustache wax at the end of the day
- As with shampoo use, the use of any hair product can create a build-up
- You can try a moustache wax remover and conditioner so that it doesn’t damage the hair
How to Use Beard Wax
- Before you apply the beard wax, you must ensure that it is clean and dry. If it isn’t, it is time to bring out the shampoo
- Start with a clean and completely dry beard for best results
- Run a beard comb through it first, and take some wax on your palm, and start on one side of the beard, then the other
- Start with a small amount as you can always apply more if needed
- Use the beard comb to style and set the beard on both sides before moving to the front
- Rub the same amount of wax and run a comb to set the front. If you have used an excess of wax – you want sheen, not grease – lightly dab a towel on the surface
How to Apply Beard Conditioner
- After shampooing, take a pea-sized amount of conditioner in your palms and massage thoroughly into your beard, not just the hair but also the skin and follicles
- Leave on for two to five minutes, and rinse off. Use a hand towel to pat dry
By taking care of your moustache and beard regularly and using good grooming products like Gillette Fusion Hydra Gel Cooling Shave Gel, you will have visibly groomed and healthy hair worth showing off.
Also, find top 10 beard grooming and styling tips here.
Read more grooming tips for men here at our blog, Reward Me.
Avail exciting Gillette razor blades coupons here at Reward Me.