Ancient Egyptian manuscripts found inside tombs talk about the clay beauty masks used by Cleopatra and Nefertiti. We’re queens in our own way and we want to look as ravishing as these Egyptian beauties. With clay masks, we can.
Clay revitalises your skin by soaking up extra oil and clearing it of dirt and other impurities that it picked up during the day. Also, the clay mask takes away dead skin cells leaving behind fresh, clean skin for everyone to admire.
We’ve put together 4 simple clay face mask recipes, one for every skin type and skin problem.
4 Must Try Clay Face Mask Recipes To Get Rid Of Common Skin Care Problems:
#1 Yogurt and bentonite clay mask for pores
If you want to shrink pores then this clay mask is your answer. Bentonite clay unclogs and helps tighten skin pores. Yogurt is an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal element that keeps blemishes away.
- Mix together one tablespoon each of bentonite clay and plain yogurt in a plastic, glass or wooden bowl. Never use metal with bentonite.
- Apply the mask on your face and neck, and wash it off with lukewarm water after 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat this 2-3 times a week for clear, unclogged skin.
#2 Coconut milk and pink clay mask for dry skin
Pink clay (as cute as it sounds) is hardworking clay. When used as a face mask, it can promote better blood circulation in the skin, while cleansing and exfoliating it. This clay doesn’t suck up oil, so it’s good for dry skin.
- Whip up a paste using 2 tablespoons of coconut milk and 1 tablespoon of pink clay.
- Apply this smooth paste to cleansed skin.
- Wash it off fully after 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dab on some moisturiser if your skin feels dry.
#3 Tea tree oil and bentonite clay mask for acne
Bentonite clay, with its pore unclogging properties, is very good for clearing up acne. Its powers, when combined with the antiseptic properties of tea tree essential oil and the anti-inflammatory qualities of oats, makes it the perfect clay mask for acne-affected skin.
- Make a mask with 1 tablespoon bentonite clay, 1 tablespoon ground oats, and clean, distilled water (as needed).
- Add 3-4 drops of the tea tree essential oil to this paste.
- Prepare this in a non-metal bowl.
- Apply this mask to the face and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash it off thoroughly with lukewarm water and a soft towel.
Also, check out 10 home remedies to get rid of heat boils on face and skin here.
#4 Moroccan red clay mask for blackheads
If you’re suffering from clogged pores and blackheads, we’ve got the perfect clay mask for you – the Moroccan red clay from the Atlas Mountains in Morocco.
- In 2 tablespoons of Moroccan red clay add 2 tablespoons of rose water and 1 teaspoon of a fully-ripe, mashed avocado.
- With clean washed hands apply this smooth paste to your blackhead-affected areas.
- When you feel the mask tightening, rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Wash your face with a deep cleanser like Olay Total Effects 7 In One Foaming Cleanser.
Pick a clay mask depending on your skin type and bring a glow to your skin. But one last tip before you head out to buy clay – never leave the mask on until it is fully dry. That’s when it starts to pull the moisture out from your skin. And you end up slathering creams on a dew-fresh face.Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.