Ubtan is traditionally made with natural ingredients, and is used to keep the skin clear and glowing. These days, because of its popularity, it is available as pre-made packs. However, considering it is easy to make ubtan powder right at home to get the right results, you can go for it without a second thought. You can use ubtan for glowing skin, clear skin, and lighter skin. It is also used to naturally remove or reduce facial hair. You can apply ubtan for face and for the body.
To get glowing skin, start with these ubtan packs. These are a few ingredients that often make an appearance in ubtan packs. Based on what’s available on your shelves, you can decide which ubtan pack to use.
- Gram flour (besan)
- Lemon juice
- Sandalwood powder
- Raw milk or milk cream
- Wheat bran
- Rose water
3 Must Try Ubtan Face Pack Recipes To Look Flawless On Your D-Day1. Besan & Raw Milk Ubtan:
- One of the most popular ingredients to go into an ubtan, gram flour is combined with sandalwood powder and raw milk to make a paste
- Gram flour acts as an exfoliator and removes dead skin cells, sandalwood powder cools your skin, and raw milk moisturises and lightens your skin
- Apply this ubtan on cleansed skin and allow it to dry thoroughly
- Avoid talking and instead lay down with thinly sliced cucumbers placed on your eyes for at least 15-30 minutes
- The pack can then be washed off using cold water
2. Gram Flour & Wheat Bran Ubtan:
- This ubtan pack can be applied to your face and body for beautiful glowing skin
- Mix gram flour, wheat bran, yoghurt or milk cream, and a bit of turmeric
- Keep the paste ready and waiting
- Warm sesame oil and massage your skin with the oil
- The ubtan can then be applied on your oiled skin and left for at least 30 minutes. When applying the ubtan using firm but gentle circular motions
- The ubtan can be washed off with lukewarm water
- Gram flour and wheat bran will act as a scrub, both yoghurt and milk contain lactic acid and can lighten your skin, turmeric is antiseptic
- This ubtan will leave you with clear, soft and glowing skin
- Traditionally mustard oil is used as it is believed to purify the skin. However, mustard oil can make your eyes tear up like onions do, so be prepared
3. Besan & Lemon Ubtan:
- This pack can be prepared by mixing gram flour, lemon juice, sandalwood powder, red lentil powder, turmeric powder and rose water
- Make a paste of medium consistency – not too runny, not too thick
- Apply on the skin and allow it to dry
- Wash with lukewarm water
- It will bring a glow to your skin because the ingredients work together to remove tan, marks and dead skin cells
Along with the regular use of ubtan, do your skin a favour by using only good products like Olay Natural White 7 In One Glowing Fairness Cream SPF 24 that are designed for your skin type to maintain your skin’s health.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.