Yes, night creams are expensive, but essential. Don’t let anybody tell you it’s an indulgence. But instead of spending a good amount of your monthly budget on these creams why not make your night cream at home?
If you’re wondering whether a homemade night cream can be as effective as a readymade one, why not check out some of the recipes we have put down here? We have homemade night cream for fairness, for young skin and for acne-affected skin too.
3 Homemade Night Cream Recipes For Gorgeous Skin
#1 Delicious apple night cream
Apples are loaded with vitamins A, B and C, and also several other delicious antioxidants. This juicy fruit is a treat for your skin and you can use it to make a lovely night cream.
You will need:
-4-5 tablespoons of rose water
-1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Halve and de-seed the apples
- Chop the fruit into smaller pieces and blend it with the olive oil to make a smooth paste
- Pour this mix into a thick vessel and heat it on a low flame
- After 5-10 minutes put it aside and add the rose water
- Let it cool before storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator
- This cream should last you 6 days
Softer and smoother skin, and a younger you.
#2 Anti-acne aloe vera night cream
If you suffer from acne, try this night cream for oily skin, homemade with aloe vera. This natural element sucks out excessive oil and clears your pores.
You will need:
-Aloe vera extract - 2 tablespoons
-Lavender oil- 1 teaspoon
-Primrose oil - 1 teaspoon
- Try and get fresh aloe extract. If you can’t, then pick up the freshest bottle from your pharmacy
- Add the lavender oil to the extract
- Now mix in the primrose oil and blend thoroughly
- Transfer the cream to an airtight container and use daily
Besides becoming blemish-free, your skin will feel soft and supple.
#3 Skin lightening night cream
The last in our recipes is a homemade night cream for skin whitening. The daily grind, in and out of the sun, and high stress levels leads to skin degeneration and darkening. This night cream, with its heady concoction of turmeric, saffron and sandalwood will help you fight that.
You will need:
-Almonds - 7 -8
-Yogurt - Half cup
-Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
-Sandalwood powder - 1 teaspoon
-Lemon juice - 4-5 drops
-Saffron strands - 3-4
- Soak the almonds overnight. Peel and grind them to a fine paste the next morning
- Add all the other ingredients and blend it well
- Transfer the cream to an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator
- You can use this for a week
You can see softer, smoother and lighter-looking skin within a few weeks of using this cream.
Do you know how to make night cream at home with other ingredients? Do let us know in the comments. Don’t forget to use Olay Natural White Glowing Fairness Cream Day SPF 24 cream during the day for younger and healthier skin.
Also, check out how to get fair and glowing skin with 20 essential beauty hacks here.
Read useful skin care tips here.
Learn expert beauty tips here.