Winter is here, and with it comes the need for moisturisers. But how do you choose which moisturiser to treat your skin with? Whether you have dry skin, oily skin or a combination of both, the sheer volume of products in stores can often confuse you - which one should you choose? Luckily, you don't have to. You can now create your own homemade moisturizer; not just one but three!
DIY Moisturiser For The Normal Skin Type
Aloe Vera and Almond Oil:
You've heard of Aloe Vera and Almond Oil separately. Each of them, have unique properties that nourish and protect your skin. Aloe Vera revives the cells of your skin keeping it supple, smooth and damage free from the UV rays of the sun. Almond oil is rich in Vitamin E and D and soothes irritated skin and delays the ageing process.
2 tablespoons of Almond Oil
4 tablespoons of Aloe Vera Gel
2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon of Vitamin E Oil
1) Take a clean cup or bowl and mix Aloe Vera Gel, Vitamin E Oil and Almond Oil together
2) Melt the Coconut Oil slowly and add it to the mixture.
And it's done!
DIY Moisturiser For Dry Skin
Beeswax, Olive, Coconut & Essential Oil:
While the benefits of Olive and Coconut oil for your skin are well known, we thought we would remind you why these two ingredients are so effective for your skin. Olive oil revives the cells of your skin, keeping it young and supple and coconut oil softens skin, leaving it smooth and glowing.
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Beeswax Pellets (can be bought online)
10 drops of Essential oils (optional)
1) Combine Olive Oil, Coconut Oil and Beeswax in a large heatproof bowl or jug
2) Put this in a large pan and fill the pan with 3/4 water
3) Place this on the stove and heat it until it melts (5 mins)
4) Take it off the stove and replace the hot water with cold water. Put the bowl/ jug back in the pan and wait for the moisturiser to cool.
5) Add the essential oil
6) Whisk it with an electric whisk or fork until the texture is thick and creamy.
Lo and behold! Your homemade moisturiser for dry skin is ready!
DIY Moisturiser For Oily Skin
Milk, Lime & Olive Oil
Don't you hate the greasy feeling that moisturisers give you? Where is that perfect winter cream for oily skin you’ve been looking for? Luckily with this next recipe, your skin will feel soft, supple and fresh. The lactic acid in milk softens your skin, olive oil rejuvenates your skin and protects it from damage and the lime removes dead cells and clears blemishes.
1/4 cup milk
2-3 tablespoons of Lime
2-3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1) Take a clean cup and pour in a quarter of milk
2) Add two tablespoons of Olive Oil and mix it well with the milk
3) Finally, pour in two tablespoons of Lime
And Voila! Your moisturiser is ready.
So, whatever your skin type, try out one of these moisturisers and leave your house with that soft and dewy glow! The winter can't touch you!
Also, check out 9 amazing ways to use glycerin for dry & oily skin problems here at our blog
Read useful skin care tips here.
Learn expert beauty tips here.