These are just as difficult to get rid of, especially when you have to ensure your skin is hydrated as well. But not to worry, we’ve got you covered, this summer.
Before we go into our homemade hydrating face mask recipes, some generic summer advice is in order. Dry skin or not, make sure you’re drinking lots of water every day, slathering on the sunscreen before stepping out in the sun, washing your face at least twice a day with a moisturizing face wash, preferably a gentle foaming face wash like Olay Gentle Foaming Face Wash with Aloe, keeping up with your skin care routine and making sure you’re using a good scrub.
Right. Now on to the juicy (forgive the pun) part. Here are a list of easy to make hydrating face masks for dry skin that shouldn’t take you more than twenty minutes (drying time included):
How to Hydrate Dry Skin During Summer
#1 Papaya based hydrating face masks:
- If you’re not already aware of the many therapeutic properties of this power fruit, it’s about time.
- Papaya is an excellent natural exfoliator, moisturizer and skin brightener and if you ever find you’re too hard pressed for time, just chop up the fruit into tiny bits, mash them with your hand and apply the semi-solid paste directly on your face and allow to dry.
- This is of course, a little messy, but it’s the best option if you lack the time and/or the patience for something a touch more elaborate.
- Rinse off when dry and your skin should feel cleaner, brighter and softer.
- If you’d like to use it especially for exfoliation, you might want to combine papaya with oatmeal to make a natural scrub.
- Or egg white, if skin tightening is on the agenda.
- Whatever combo you go for, papaya always has your back in the summer.
#2 Yoghurt and honey moisturizing face mask for dry skin:
- Yoghurt, as you know, retains the moisture in the skin, while honey softens and moisturizes.
- Both being super easy to source, makes this combo a popular one for anyone focusing on keeping their dry skin hydrated through the summer.
- Just mix two parts yoghurt with one part honey, make a paste and apply on face and neck.
- Leave it on until dry and rinse off.
- Repeat as often as you like through the week.
#3 Almonds and rose water for hydration and instant freshness:
- You’re going to need some time and patience for this as it requires soaking overnight and grinding into paste.
- Almonds are a rich source of Vitamin E oil which is so good for the skin, especially in the prevention of dryness.
- Soak almonds in milk overnight, grind it into a paste and mix with rose water.
- Apply the paste on face and neck to keep skin feeling moisturized and fresh in the summer.
- Rinse off when dry.
Keeping your skin hydrated is a full time job. But these easy to make recipes along with the usual precautions should make your skin feel much loved this summer!
Also, heat boils is a common skin care problem faced during summer. So check out 10 effective home remedies to get rid of heat boils here at our blog.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.