Summer brings with it a ton of fun but also a host of problems like excessive sweat, heat rashes, sunburn and more. Worse yet, they get intensified as the temperature rises. Which is why you will need a few tips for a smooth sailing summer!
15 Essential Summer Care Tips
1. The sun’s rays can hurt your lip tissue; to prevent it from doing so use a rich lip balm with at least an SPF 15. Apply it as often as you can when you’re out in the sun.
2. Similarly choose the right sunscreen for your skin. So, besides being SPF 15 or higher ensure that your sunscreen will protect your skin from both UVA and UVB rays. Olay Natural White 7 IN ONE Glowing Fairness Cream has an SPF 24 and effectively helps to protect skin from harmful sun rays.
3. Maintain a good moisturizing routine; it can protect you from issues like moisture loss, bacteria and pollution. As important as any summer skin care tips. The same Olay Natural White is a moisturising cream as well and thus is a summer essential.
4. Use oil-free products. This is because humidity causes sweat and mixing that with products that are oily isn’t what your skin needs at all. One of the more important skin care tips for oily skin.
5. Exfoliation unclogs pores and helps your skin breathe. Make sure you do it gently and mostly in the evening or night. This is because your skin becomes sensitive post exfoliation.
6. Use aloe vera on your skin after a day in the sun; it is an effective antioxidant that repairs damaged cells and also keeps free radicals from hurting your skin. One of the more important skin care tips for dry skin. Aloe vera can also be used as a cooling face mask to apply during summers.
7. If you’re planning on hitting the beach, don’t shave your bikini line. Summer makes the skin there more prone to irritation and that mixed with sea salt can cause the formation of ingrown hairs.
8. Cold showers are essential because they protect the skin from acne breakouts, which are common in heat and humidity.
9. Believe it or not, red wine can help your skin in the summer. This is because the ingredient, Resveratol, found in red wine helps heal sunburn, as it is anti-inflammatory.
10. Wear a wide-rim hat to give your face full protection.
11. Eat plenty of watermelon and muskmelon. These fruits provide oodles of hydration, possess anti-oxidants and also can boost your body’s SPF naturally.
12. Resist the urge to itch and damage your skin. Because itching is common in high humidity levels, it is advisable to use anti-itch creams.
13. Use fresh strawberry juice on your face. Leaving it on for a couple of minutes before washing it off can do wonders to brighten sunspots as well as age spots.
14. Ingest your SPF; yes you read that right. The perfect SPF food is a salad rich in vitamin C fruits like tomato, berries, citrus and also nuts, which are potent sources of vitamin E.
15. And finally, hydrate regularly. But don’t go overboard by drinking 20 glasses of water a day; 10 -12 should do the trick.