If you like to cook then your kitchen shelf must definitely have a bottle of apple cider vinegar. Not only does it add a dash of something extra to your food, but it also has numerous health benefits. This ingredient is loaded with citric, acetic, and malic acids, and lots of vitamins too. It is also one of nature’s magical antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antifungal agents.
But do you also know of the countless benefits of apple cider vinegar for skin? Used regularly, you can get beautiful, healthy and clear skin. We’ve put together 13 of the most common and amazing benefits of using apple cider vinegar. Read and add a dash of something extra to your skin.
13 Skin Care Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
#1 It prevents acne and pimples
You can use apple cider vinegar for acne prone skin. It cleans and heals skin, while also restoring your skin’s natural pH levels. The benefits of apple cider vinegar for pimples are truly remarkable.
- Make a solution of 1 part apple cider vinegar with 2 parts filtered water.
- Using a cotton ball, apply the solution to your affected skin.
- Wash it off after 10 minutes with warm water and a gentle foaming cleanser like Olay White Radiance Brightening Foaming Cleanser.
- Do this 3-4 times a day.
#2 Tones your skin
If you have oily skin, apple cider vinegar is your friend.
- Make a solution of half a cup each of apple cider vinegar and filtered water.
- Dab the solution on your face using a cotton ball.
- Wash it off after 5-10 minutes with cool water.
- You can do this twice a day.
- For normal or sensitive skin, increase the quantity of water.
Even amla can solve all your oily skin problems. Check out 5 homemade amla face packs to get rid of oily skin problems permanently here.
#3 Fades age spots
Another benefit of apple cider vinegar is that is gradually reduces age spots. Just washing your face with a solution of apple cider vinegar and water can make a difference. You can also dab on a little vinegar directly on the spots.
#4 Maintains the balance of your skin
You can use apple cider vinegar for face that has lost its natural pH balance.
#5 Delays wrinkles
Washing your face with a diluted solution of apple cider vinegar can reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
#6 Removes toxins from your face
Just a daily wash of apple cider vinegar can wash out toxins and give your face a youthful glow.
#7 Fights the appearance of cellulite
Apple cider vinegar can help rid of the free-floating fat just below the skin and improve the elasticity of your skin.
Massage your body for 15 minutes with a mix of 1 part of coconut oil and 3 parts apple cider vinegar for a few weeks to see results.
#8 Soothes razor bumps
Shaving sometimes leads to small irritated red bumps. Apple cider vinegar can help soothe this problem.
- Apply a thin layer of honey to the affected area to soften it.
- Wash it off after 10 minutes and then dab on apple cider vinegar with a cotton ball.
- Let it air dry.
#9 To treat bug bites
Itchy bug bites can be soothed with apple cider vinegar for immediate relief.
#10 Heals bruises
Apple cider vinegar calms and soothes injured skin and helps a bruise to heal faster.
#11 Soothes sunburn
Painful sunburns can find relief with an apple cider vinegar wash. Make a solution of equal parts of vinegar and water and massage into the affected area daily until the burn reduces.
#12 Brightens yellow nails
Turn embarrassing yellow and stained nails into brighter nails with apple cider vinegar. It can help heal fungal infections and bleach stains away.
Soak your fingernails for 30 minutes in an equal parts solution of vinegar and warm water daily.
#13 No more smelly feet
Say no to smelly feet with apple cider vinegar’s antimicrobial properties.
- Soak your feet in a solution of 1 cup of vinegar and 4-5 cups of warm water for 15 minutes.
- Wash your feet thoroughly with an antibacterial soap.
The next time you shop for groceries, pop in an extra bottle of the magic vinegar for healthier skin. Remember to use only the raw and unfiltered variety.
Find more useful daily skin care tips and learn how to remove dark circles around eyes here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.