Who would say no to a glass of good wine? A wonderful way to unwind and relax, everyone knows its numerous health benefits. But do you also know the goodness of wine for skin?
10 Amazing Benefits Of Wine For Flawless Skin:
#1 To keep wrinkles at bay
- The antioxidants present in red wine fight ageing by restoring the collagen balance and elasticity of your skin
- Fine lines and wrinkles will disappear, and your skin will get a second lease of life
#2 To minimise sun damage
- While it isn’t really a sunscreen, red wine, with its antioxidants and amino acids, can help form a natural barrier against the strong UV radiation of the sun Surely you must know that a glass of red wine can help prevent cancer
#3 For radiant skin
- A red wine massage is your ticket to radiant skin
- Just spritz some red wine on your face and massage very gently
- Rinse it off with a cleansing agent like Olay Total Effects 7 in One Foaming Cleanser after 10-15 minutes
Also, check out 9 benefits of glycerin for skin whitening here.
#4 To soothe inflammation
- Once again, the antioxidants in red wine work on inflamed skin
- Gently dab a few drops on red and inflamed skin, and soothe your agitated complexion
#5 To fight acne
- You can use red wine for skin that is affected by acne
- The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties cleanse skin of oil and impurities, and also reduce further breakouts
#6 As a toner
- Instead of investing in a cosmetic product, you can use red wine as a toner and get soft, clear and supple skin
- Gently apply the wine to your face and rinse it off with cold water after 30 minutes
#7 To lighten age spots
- You can slow down the appearance of age spots and even lighten existing ones with red wine treatment
- Just apply a few drops to the affected area and wash off after 10-15 minutes. Do this daily until you notice results
#8 A wine ice cube massage
- We all know the benefits of rubbing an ice cube on the face to give it an instant boost
- Make a wine ice cube and give your skin all the benefits of wine with the coolness of ice
#9 As a wine facial
A wine facial benefits your skin in numerous ways:
- You can get rid of tans, remove skin blemishes, rejuvenate your skin and get a lovely glow
- You can get a wine facial right at home
- Wash your face thoroughly and steam it for 5-10 minutes
- Make a blend of red wine, fruits such as strawberries or grapes, and your favourite essential oils
- Apply this to your face and massage it firmly but gently for 10-15 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water
- If you think your skin is sensitive, you can mix some rose water to the red wine
#10 As an exfoliating agent
This do-it-at-home exfoliating pack takes very little time.
- Add 1 tablespoon each of ground almonds and crushed grape skin to 2 tablespoons of red wine
- Massage your face with this mixture gently to remove dead skin cells and get soft, glowing skin
Who knew a bottle of red wine can do so much. Always keep on one hand; your friends will thank you for it, and so will your skin.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.