One of the more commonly known castor oil benefits is, umm, as a laxative. But this oil also has numerous other advantages that no one seems to talk about.
10 Benefits Of Castor Oil For Skin:
#1 Delays the signs of aging
You can use castor oil for wrinkles and fine lines. The oil goes deep within the layers of your skin and encourages the production of collagen and elastin. Using this regularly gives you a youthful appearance.
#2 Homemade hand cream
You can mix equal parts of castor oil and sesame oil to make a nourishing hand cream. Apply it at night and wake up to soft and moisturised hands.
#3 As a moisturiser
People have been using castor oil as a moisturiser. But do you know you can use castor oil for face glow as well?
Steps To Use:
- Before going to bed apply drops of castor oil to your face
- Gently massage it in
- Cover your face with a damp cloth for 1-2 minutes
- Wipe away excess oil with a cotton ball and go to bed
- You will wake up to a soft, hydrated and glowing face
#4 Castor oil for acne
Castor oil contains ricin oleic acid which is great at clearing up acne.
How To Use:
- Clean your face with warm water to open up pores
- Massage in little castor oil into your face and go to bed
- Wash it off the next morning and apply Olay Natural White 7 IN ONE Instant Glowing Fairness with UV Protection cream to get that instant glow on face
This treatment of using castor oil for pimples will show results in a few days. Almond is another great remedy for acne. Check out 6 ways to use almond for skin here.
#5 For body massages
Castor oil has many therapeutic and healing benefits. You can use castor oil for body massage as the healing powers of the oil are known to ease sore muscles.
#6 As a healing pack
You can also use castor oil to get relief from ailments of the liver or just an upset digestive system.
Steps To Use:
- Place castor oil packs on parts of the body that need healing
- Cover the pack with a plastic sheet to prevent staining
- Stay horizontal for 45 minutes to an hour
#7 Helps fade scars
The fatty acids in castor oil penetrate deep into scar tissue and promote the growth of new, healthy cells. This helps reduce the size of the scar over time.
#8 Lessens spots and blemishes
The same fatty acids we spoke of above help reduce pigmentation of your skin. Spots, blemishes and other uneven skin tones can be tackled with the regular application of the oil.
#9 Stop stretch marks before they form
For many women, pregnancy means unsightly stretch marks. But the regular application of the oil during pregnancy will soothe the itch and prevent stretch marks from forming.
#10 Heals cracked heels
We’ve already told you that castor oil is a good moisturiser. This magic remedy is also great for cracked heels. The oil gets absorbed easily and within a few weeks you’ll notice softer heels. Just make sure you wear socks to bed else you’ll have extremely messy sheets.
So the next time you see a bottle of castor oil on the shelf, I suggest you just pick it up. There are so many things that you can do with it.
Get over 400+ skin care tips here.
For 1050+ beauty tips, click here.