Tulsi or holy basil or ocimum tenuiflorum is known for its numerous benefits for health and beauty. The medicinal herb can be used for everything from a cough to heart diseases. It is known to strengthen immunity, and is antibacterial, antiseptic and antiviral. Owing to its properties, tulsi can help you treat a variety of skin and hair issues. It is often recommended by Ayurvedic practitioners.
10 Interesting Benefits Of Tulsi:
- It is a detoxifying agent.
- Tulsi is used to purify and cleanse.
- It soothes inflammation.
- It is known as an antioxidant.
- It works as an antibiotic.
- It possesses antibacterial properties.
- Tulsi regulates uric acid levels in the body.
- It is known as an adaptogen.
- It strengthens immunity.
- It facilitates digestion.
5 Ways To Use Tulsi To Get Rid Of Common Health Problems:
The extract obtained from tulsi plant helps in curing many diseases like common cold, cough, fever, respiratory, cardio vascular diseases, relieving stress as it possesses essential constituents like oleanolic acid, ursolic acid etc. that are beneficial for health.
1. Holy Basil Leaves For Acute Fever:
- Prepare a decoction of the leaves by boiling them with cardamom powder and half a litre of water
- Let this mixture come down to room temperature
- Then add sugar and milk to it
2. Tulsi Juice For Kidney Stone:
As tulsi is a detoxifying agent, it helps in reducing uric acid level in body and breaking the kidney stone.
How To Use:Firstly, you need to prepare tulsi juice. All you need is tulsi leaves and water.
- Wash the tulsi leaves and soak them for 2-3 hours.
- Boil that water along with leaves.
- Cool this mixture to room temperature and add ginger and honey to the mixture
3. Holy Basil Leaves For Healing Wounds:
Basil leaves possesses antiseptic properties because of which they can be used in treatment of cuts and ulcers.
How To Use:
- Prepare the basil leaves juice and mix it with coconut oil or almond oil.
- Apply this mixture 2-3 times a day and you will surely see the astounding results.
- In case of insect bites, applying this freshly prepared juice on affected areas or even the thick paste made of leaves and paste would give you instant relief from pain.
4. Tulsi Tea For Heart Diseases
Tulsi contains an essential anti-oxidant called Eugenol which helps in controlling blood pressure and controlling cholesterol level in body which reduces the risk of cardiac arrest. All you need to do is chew few tulsi leaves or drink tulsi tea during the day.
How To Prepare Tulsi Tea:
- Boil 10-12 fresh basil leaves in one cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Filter out the water.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice to the filtered water and mix it well.
5. Basil leaves For Weight Loss
All you need to do is make the paste of freshly prepared yogurt with basil leaves and have it once a day. It will not only help in reducing excessive weight but also in formation of new blood cells and boosting up energy levels.
5 Amazing Ways To Use Tulsi (Ocimum tenuiflorum) For Skin Care Problems:
Tulsi is great for the skin when used externally and when consumed. You can chew its leaves or boil it to make tea. Tulsi can be used to treat acne and scars, skin infections, lighten dark spots, and improve skin texture.
1. Tulsi & Milk Face Pack For Skin Brightening:
- Grind tulsi leaves and mix it with milk to form a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on face and leave it for 15-20 minutes and wash it off with water.
- The final step would be to moisturize your skin with Olay Natural White 7 IN ONE Glowing Fairness Cream.
- Use this face pack 2-3 times a week and you will see the difference in 1-2 months
Also, check out 5 amazing rice water face masks to maintain flawless skin all year round here at our blog.
2. Tulsi Face Pack For Acne Marks:
- Make the paste of tulsi leaves and orange peel powder.
- Apply this paste on you face and leave it for 10-15 minutes to reduce acne marks.
- You can also apply the mixture of sandalwood powder and basil leaves to reduce the pimple marks
3. Tulsi & Sandalwood Face Pack To Prevent Inflammation:
- Make the thick paste of basil leaves, rose water and sandalwood powder.
- Apply this mixture on your face and leave it for 10-12 minutes.
- It will not only soothe your skin but will add instant glow.
4. Tulsi & Egg Face pack To Tighten Pores:
You’ll need one egg white and tulsi leaves.
- Make the paste of egg white and tulsi leaves.
- Then rub the mixture on affected areas and leave it for 15 minutes
- Wash it off gently.
5. Tulsi Leaves For Skin Itching:
- Apply the mixture the tulsi and lemon juice on your skin to soothe itching.
- Even rubbing tulsi leaves on areas that itch would give you an instant relief from skin itching.
How To Use Holy Basil Leaves For Hair Care:
Tulsi has the solution to all your hair care problems. Here’s how:
1. Amla & Tulsi Hair Pack To Fight Greying Of Hair:
- Prepare the paste by mixing tulsi leaves powder, amla powder and water.
- Apply it on your scalp.
- Wash it off after 2-3 hours with mild shampoo like Pantene Pro-V Silky Smooth Care Shampoo & Conditioner.
2. Tulsi For Dandruff & Dry Scalp:
- Mix tulsi oil with regular oil like almond oil and massage well on your scalp. You can go for coconut oil if you are allergic to almond oil.
- It will help you improve blood circulation and also helps in reducing itchiness and dandruff and also promotes hair growth.
Tulsi uses are many. These are just a few. But you can’t go wrong with this wonder herb whichever way you choose to use it.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.