It’s a tried and tested method but rarely done these days due to lack of time. Yet, steaming is one of the simplest and best ways to keep your skin healthy and free of impurities.
How to Steam Your Face Correctly?
Step 1: Boil Water In Pot
Take some water in pot & bring it to full boil. Alternatively, you can also use facial steamer.
Step 2: Wash Your Face Properly
Wash your face with gentle cleanser to remove all makeup, dirt, oil or sweat. This will ensure that your pores will open wide during steaming. Don’t wash your face with harsh soap or scrub as it may cause irritation. Pat dry your wash after washing
Step 3: Add Some Essential Oils Or Herbs To Water
To reap the maximum benefits of this treatment, add some essential oils to it. But make sure the water is boiled completely other those scents will evaporate. Alternatively green tea bags or chamomile or mint tea bags can also be used.
Step 4: Finally Steam Your Face
Cover your head with towel such that it drops down on either side of your face trapping the steam entirely. Place your face close enough to let the skin feel that steam. Do not steam for more than 10 minutes if you are facing acne or other skin care issues.
10 Benefits of Face Steaming
- Keeps pores open: Regular steaming keeps the pores open and keeps the natural oils flowing freely. This prevents blockage or grime build-up.
- Loosens blackheads: Ever find yourself struggling to get those awful blackheads out, which are not only painful but stressful to look at because you just know they’re going to turn into a huge big pimple! Well, steaming your face is your get out of jail free card; it loosens blackheads making them easier and less painful to release.
- Pushes out dirt: Sweat is the best thing to bring the dirt wedged in your skin to the surface. You cannot get to this dirt no matter how hard you try so just let that steam make you sweat as much as possible.
- Makes you look younger: Get that blood pumping in those veins in your face ladies, it's the best way to take you back a few years and get you looking like a young pink cheeked teenager again.
- Sheds dead skin: One of the key benefits of face steaming is that it gives our skin the ability to harness its natural anti-aging properties by shedding dead skin. Dead skin makes you look old and tired so let nature work its magic but you’ve got to give it a little boost now and again.
- Pair with a face pack: If you have a little extra time on your hands, combine a steam with a face pack. Your skin will never be more welcoming to it because face steaming opens up your pores so it's the perfect time to get them cleaned up and then of course closed up. Always, always wash your face with cold water to remove your face pack and then apply some ice cubes on your face, it is the most natural way to close those pores.
- Prevents pimples: You have a date tomorrow and a huge big pimple on your face, well face steaming is the best and only way to get rid of a pimple in a day. Steam your face for 5 minutes and then chill for about half an hour, then apply an ice cube on the pimple. The steam will bring out the pus and the ice will help soothe it and ensure it doesn’t look worse the next day.
- Removes trapped makeup: If you wear makeup everyday you really need to do a face steam regularly, Make up gets trapped in our pores and no matter how good the make up remover you need to get it out. Steaming your face does just that!
- Kills bacteria: Even if you don’t have a horrible cold know this by doing a facial steaming regular you will be keeping those viruses away. Steam kills bacteria and also releases any nasal congestion.
- Relaxes you: If we haven’t sold facial steaming to you with any of these benefits then let this last one be the clincher, it’s downright relaxing!
Remember, along with steaming, using a day cream like Olay Natural White 7 IN ONE Glowing Fairness Cream with SPF 24 will give you added anti-ageing benefits along with glowing skin!
Also, check out how to do facial at home with this 7 step guide by Reward Me.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.