Bronzers have become a major trend, because not only do they give your face a kickass contour, they make it seem slimmer. This comes in handy if you’re planning to click a lot of pictures of yourself! Using a bronzer gives the face definition, making you look sharp and a little tanned.
Bronzer for fair skin works a little differently than the one which’ll suit an Indian skin tone. And that’s why we are illuminating you with the knowledge of a DIY bronzer, which you can make at home, and will suit your skin as well.
2 DIY Bronzer Recipes That You Must Try
1. Cinnamon-Cocoa Bronzer:
This wonderful and au naturel bronzer will keep your skin chemical free and benefit your skin, because of its wonderful ingredients. Say good bye to chemicals forever!
To make this bronzer you’ll need:
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tsps. arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp. of nutmeg powder
- 10-15 drops of your favourite essential oil
If you want a dry bronzer, skip the last ingredient.
How To Make:
Mix all these ingredients together thoroughly in a clean and dry container, until it becomes smooth in texture. You’ll need to adjust the ingredients according to your skin tone. It’ll take a few tries, but we promise you’ll find the correct tone after a few attempts.
Benefits Of Cinnamon-Cocoa Bronzer:
- The cocoa will give some depth and colour to your skin and the cinnamon is a great ingredient for skin as it gives it a healthy glow.
- The nutmeg in this bronzer gives you the tan effect and the arrowroot powder balances it all and lightens the mixture a little bit.
- The essential oil is just there to bind it all together and give it a nice fragrance.
We’re gonna tell you how to correctly apply a bronzer later in this article, so read on.
2. DIY Lotion Bronzer:
If your skin is too dry and you don’t want to dry it further by applying powdered bronzers, then this liquid bronzer will work perfectly for you.
- You’ll need 250 grams of aloe vera gel, or your favourite moisturizer. Whatever suits your skin best.
- Next, add a couple of tsps. of cocoa powder and ground cinnamon to the gel, adjusting the colour according to your skin tone.
- You can add a fragrance to it if there isn’t any in it already. Something like a coconut or vanilla essence will leave your skin not only looking great, but smelling awesome as well.
- With a whisk, mix these ingredients together thoroughly, so that no lumps remain.
- Transfer the lotion in a clean, dry container for future use.
How To Apply Bronzer:
To make the perfect use of bronzer, and to get that healthy sun-kissed look, using the right brush is very important. Large, soft brushes work the best. Try and avoid dense brushes as they tend to make you look dirty, instead of bronzed. Now we don’t want that to happen, do we?
- Dip your brush gently into the powdered bronzer and sweep it across your forehead, around the cheekbone and down the jaw.
- Instead of sweeping back and forth repeatedly, try to apply the bronzer in 2-3 sweeps itself. This helps in avoiding that cakey look.
- Don’t forget the bridge of your nose, your hairline and the highest points on your cheek.
- For the lotion bronzer, all you need to do is take a little lotion on your hand, and dab it on the critical areas of your face as mentioned in the above point.
- At the end of the day, don’t forget to moisturize your face. We recommend using Olay Natural White 7 IN ONE Night Nourishing Repair Cream, as it helps keep your skin moisturised and glowing.
So now you know bronzer which is so important to get that perfect look is so easy to make. Try this recipes on your D-Day. I am sure this will give you a perfect wedding look. Also, check out 30 essential bridal makeup tips here at our blog.
Find the latest makeup tips at our blog.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.