Because we love giving you great beauty advice, we have listed 10 benefits that a cup of coffee can provide your hair, and also some ways you can incorporate this lovely ingredient, in your hair care routine. Read first, thank later!
10 Ways To Use Coffee For Hair Care Problems
1. Prevents Hair Loss:
Male pattern baldness is a common condition in men, where they start losing hair as an effect of weak hair follicles. Slowly, the growth cycle of the hair gets affected, leading to slow but sure balding. Coffee powder for hair contains caffeine which helps prevent this, as it stimulates hair follicles, triggering stronger growth. Wash your hair with brewed coffee twice a week to restore hair in no time!
2. Coffee For Hair Growth:
Caffeine blocks the effect of DHT, which has been proven to induce baldness and damaged hair follicles, in both men and women. Washing your hair with coffee significantly increases follicle stimulation which leads to faster hair growth.
3. Improved Hair Texture:
Coffee for hair strengthens them from within, improving the overall quality and texture of it. Caffeine, when applied to hair directly is absorbed by the follicles, making them softer and shinier, instantly.
- Just rub a palmful of coffee into your scalp and rinse it thoroughly.
- Keep for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with a mild shampoo and conditioner like Pantene Pro-V Total Damage Care.
- This will help seal the nourishment within the hair and also give it that added softness.
4. Improves Scalp Circulation:
A great stimulant for both skin and hair, coffee oil helps improve the circulation in your scalp, making your hair grow out faster and healthier.
- Choose your favourite hair oil and roast in it a quarter cup of coffee beans at low heat for about 8 hours, making sure to stir it occasionally so it doesn’t burn.
- Sieve the oil, store it in a jar, and use once a week.
5. Exfoliates Scalp:
Whenever you feel that your scalp is feeling really oily and grimy, a coffee hair mask is all you need. It scrubs off the dead skin cells and also keeps your scalp clean and fresh. Plus, every time you scrub away the dead skin, new cells will push out thicker, stronger hair.
6. Coffee For Hair Shine:
Coffee, in general, tends to have a lower pH than water. This helps the cuticles remain flat, thereby reflecting more light than it usually would. Dousing your hair for at least half an hour with cool, brewed coffee, once in a week can be very beneficial for it.
7. Improves Hair Colour:
If you want your hair to have a beautiful brownish-black tinge, as well as increase its strength, just follow this simple recipe.
- You’ll need to mix 1 tbsp. of fresh brewed coffee with 2 tbsps. of conditioner.
- Apply it after you’ve shampooed your hair, and keep it on for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash it off and flaunt your new look!
8. Coffee Hair Dye Permanent:
If just a tinge of brown doesn’t quite do it for you, you can use coffee to further darken your hair colour, without using any chemical dyes. It’s also an easier way to change your look.
- Firstly, you’ll need to wash your hair to rid it of all oils.
- Brew some fresh, strong coffee and allow it to cool down.
- Cover your hair with this semi-liquid for an hour and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
9. Leave-In Conditioner:
- Take some cooled off, freshly-brewed coffee and after shampooing your hair, pour it all over your head and scalp.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes to half an hour, depending on how much time you have and rinse it off thoroughly.
- Your hair will feel smooth and silky, because it got the instant energiser it needed.
10. As A Hair Mask:
A hair mask will exfoliate your scalp, leaving it with a layer of fresh, clean skin.
- All you need is 2 tbsps. of coffee powder and a tbsp. each of honey and olive oil.
- Mix until it forms a smooth paste and smear it all over your scalp.
- Leave it for an hour after which you can wash it off using a shampoo for a gorgeous looking mane.
Read expert hair care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.