We all know that oil is good for our hair and scalp. In fact, our body knows it even better and produces oil for itself, to keep our scalp skin soft, and hair nourished. Some of us also have the habit of saturating our strands and scalp with oil regularly to maintain moisture levels. But the same oil, if not washed away daily, can quickly block pores and just like it happens on our face, you can get scalp acne. Ouch! Yes, a big ouch.
There are off-the-counter remedies, but most of them contain harsh chemicals that will dry out your scalp and only tackle the problem on the surface. Also, some of these chemicals can make your hair brittle and rough too. I don’t want to see you suffer and then suffer some more. Which is why I want to tell you about some home remedies for scalp acne.
5 Home Remedies To Treat Scalp Acne
#1 Jasmine essential oil
Ancient remedies talk about jasmine oil for treating all kinds of minor skin outbreaks. Why we love using this for scalp acne treatment is because jasmine essential oil contains benzoic acid, which clears away dead skin cells, one of the commonest reasons for scalp acne.
- Add a few drops of jasmine essential oil to grape seed oil.
- Massage this deep into your scalp.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing it out.
- Wash with Pantene Pro-V Lively Clean Shampoo to nourish your scalp.
Garlic is an all-rounder when it comes to treating minor ailments of the body. It contains salicylic acid and antioxidants, and has a host of antiviral and antifungal properties.
- Boil 4 cloves of garlic in 3 cups of water.
- Use this decoction to rinse your hair.
- Wash with your regular shampoo (or Pantene Pro-V Lively Clean) to get the smell out.
#3 Tomato juice
Another compact little salicylic packet in nature is the juicy tomato. Plus, it’s good for your hair too, making it shine with health.
- Rinse your hair with tomato juice after you’re done shampooing.
- Wash it out with water to get the smell or any accidental seeds out of your locks.
#4 Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a good pH level restorer and a great way to take care of acne on scalp. Get yourself a good quality bottle before you bring it to the bathroom.
- Make a solution of one part vinegar and two parts water.
- Rinse your hair with this solution after your regular shampoo.
- Wash your hair with water to remove all vinegar (if you step out in the sun with vinegar traces, you will get bleached hair.)
#5 Tea tree oil
The last in our scalp acne home remedies is tea tree oil. A lot of shampoos already contain this ingredient but what you want to do is use the product directly.
- Rub ice on the affected area for about 7-8 minutes.
- After the ice has melted fully, apply a few drops of tea tree oil.
- Massage it gently.
- Let it sit for a while before washing it off with your regular shampoo.
Getting acne on your scalp is annoying and can cause inflammation. Use these remedies to take care of the problem naturally. As these are natural products, cure might take a while, but be patient. You know that there are going to be no side effects, right?
Also, check out 3 amazing essential hair oil recipes that will nourish your hair & keep all your hair care problems at bay here.
Read expert hair care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.