Do you know someone who has the most naturally gorgeous hair? Wonder what they do to keep it that way? Given all the products in the market, you would think these would help keep your hair film star fab! Shampooing, conditioning, spa treatments – does indulging in all these mean you’ll get healthy hair? Not necessarily. Check out more tips to have gorgeous hair here.
9 Hair Care & Hairstyling Tips by Experts for Beautiful Hair Everyday!
- Swimming: If you are at the beach or the pool, your hair can get damaged from chlorine and salt water. The colour gets stripped off, hair gets dry and frizzy, causing split ends. Wet your hair and apply a good conditioner before jumping in. Always wear a swimming cap.
- Summer protection: If your skin gets burned during the summer, imagine what happens to your hair? Sun exposure has the same effect on the hair. It dries out and it is way worse for colour treated hair. Wear a hat or a scarf whenever possible. Invest in moisturizing shampoos and conditioners which offer UVA and UVB protection.
- Tight ponytails: Yes, they are convenient and comfortable. Who wants to be sweating under all that hair? Try to braid your hair or wear a loose ponytail to avoid hair loss from traction alopecia. If you want to put your hair up, use a good rubber band made of fabric so it doesn’t tug on your hair. Wear a hairband whenever possible.
- Scalp care: How many of us think of caring for our scalps? Getting a hot oil massage is a great way to relax. Stimulate blood flow and help hair follicles become healthy. Use good conditioning treatments with aloe and other ingredients. Try to use sulphate-free shampoos. Go organic wherever possible.
- Reduce use of tools: If you really have to, then use a hair dryer or flat iron and only for special occasions. Make sure that the dryer comes with different settings to give you more control. Don’t use a flat iron when hair is wet – it can cause a lot of damage.
- Brushing: Comb your hair regularly. Use only a wide-toothed comb to detangle wet hair. If you like brushing, use a brush with natural bristles as these are less likely to scratch the scalp.
- Washing: Unless you have really oily hair, wash and condition twice or three times a week. If you wash too much, your hair’s natural oils get stripped off. Use warm water to wash and rinse. Use a mild conditioner after washing.
- Trimming: Regular trims will keep split ends from occurring. Those who have really short hair have to get it cut regularly.
- Eat well: Good nutrition is an absolute must for good hair. Don’t let stress take over and wreck its look. Eat good amounts of protein and iron rich vegetables. These will help with hair growth. One other reason you could have hair problems is due to thyroid imbalance so it’s best to get it tested.
Along with these expert tips, also check out 15 ways to use ghee for skin,hair & health here at our blog.