Well, it’s nothing but the green plant we find in most of our South Indian friends’ homes, the Kadi Patta, also known as Curry Leaves. And what’s so special about it, you say? We’ll give you not 1 but 10 reasons.
10 Remarkable Benefits Of Curry Leaves For Hair
1. Reduces impact of chemically treated hair:
The hair gets damaged due to pollution or by constant treatment with harsh chemicals. This can also lead to hair loss. If you want to reduce the impact of the above, try curry leaves for hair. They unblock the hair follicles and help them retain their natural functions of hair growth.
2. Prevents thinning of hair:
Curry leaves are excellent for preventing thinning of hair, which ultimately causes hair loss. This is because curry leaves are rich in protein and beta-carotene which help fight hair loss.
3. Anti-oxidation property:
Use curry leaves for hair growth. They have anti-oxidants which prevent the scalp from having dead follicles.
4. Curry leaves oil for dry hair:
Curry leaves are effective in the treatment of dry hair. Just warm a few curry leaves with coconut oil and let it cool down to room temperature. Massage your scalp with this mixture and leave for 30 minutes before washing off with Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Repair shampoo.
5. Curry leaves for grey hair:
If you’re starting to notice signs of premature greying, then curry leaves should be your go-to ingredient. Just warm up pure or virgin oil with 1 handful of pre-washed and dried curry leaves. When the oil turns into green in colour, apply it on your scalp.
6. Promotes hair growth:
Curry leaves are rich in Vitamin B which strengthens the roots of your hair to promote smooth hair growth. Jut blend yoghurt with few curry leaves and use it as hair mask for at least 20 minutes.
7. Controls frizz:
Boil 2 cups of water and then add ½ cup of curry leaves to it. When the water reduces to half, turn off the heat and cool. Rinse your hair with this blend after you’re done with shampooing. This will help in controlling frizz.
8. Prevents hair fall:
Say goodbye to hair fall with curry leaves. Add 3 curry leaves to few drops of milk and massage your scalp with this blend. Wait 30 minutes before washing off.
9. Hair repair:
Curry leaves help to fortify the hair follicles by making them stronger and nourished. When you include them regularly in your hair treatment regime, it will aid repair and promote growth.
10. Protects the hair shaft:
The area above the scalp is called as hair shaft. Curry leaves are known to not only protect the hair roots but also the shafts. They have Vitamin B6 which acts as a hormone regulator in the treatment of hair fall.
5 Ways To Use Curry Leaves In Your Hair Care Routine
Apart from using curry leaves as hair mask, there are other substitutes as well.
1. In Daily Diet:
Almost a staple in the south of India, when you make curry leaves a part of your regular diet, you will not be able to ignore the results in the form of stronger, thicker and shinier hair.
2. As A Tea:
Don’t be surprised that you can also make tea out of curry leaves. All of you need for this is water, lime, sugar and curry leaves. Boil all of them together and your tea is prepared. For better results, have it every day for 2 weeks.
3. As A Hair Tonic
Curry leaves can work as a natural hair tonic. Applying them on hair regularly will distribute essential nutrients equally on scalp which will eventually improve your hair health.
How To Use:
- Combine fresh curry leaves and coconut oil and boil them until you see black residue forming.
- Cool it and apply it directly on the scalp. You can wash off after 60 minutes.
- You can apply this twice a week to get the desired result. This tonic will also slow down greying of hair.
4. As A Hair Mask:
Hair mask made with curry leaves are filled with essential nutrients that would lock in the moisture and improve hair health.
How To Use:
- All you need is handful of curry & neem leaves, 2-3 teaspoons of yogurt.
- Blend all of these ingredients to make fine paste.
- Apply this mask on the scalp and gently massage it.
- Leave this mask on scalp until it dries up after which you wash off with mild shampoo
5. As A Hair Oil
When we so many benefits of curry leaves, why not reap its benefits to fullest. One of the ways to do is make an hair oil. Curry leaves hair oil will make sure the nutrients penetrate deep into the scalp thereby improving your overall hair health.
How To Make:
- Take a bowl and pour a cup of coconut oil and drop in 4-5 curry leaves in it.
- Place this bowl on vessel full of water and heat till the oil gets heated.
- Once the oil is heated, a black residue will form
- You can apply this residue 2-3 a week and you will notice amazing results
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.