Lemon for hair growth has been a trusted ingredient to fight the most dreaded enemies of hair growth – dandruff and hair fall. Rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin B, Folic Acid, and minerals like phosphorus, magnesium and calcium make it the perfect solution solution for voluminous, healthy hair.
And there are more reasons why lemon for hair is strongly recommended
- The rich source of Vitamin C makes hair long and strong
- It strengthens hair follicles thereby reducing hair fall
- It contains a compound called Limonene which adds life to dull, frizzy hair
- Lemon has anti-fungal properties that fight dandruff and other scalp fungal infections
- Lemon is acidic which is effective in cleansing the scalp of dead cells and other deposits
Use Lemon as an Anti-Dandruff Blend:
#1 Lemon Juice Hair Therapy
- Squeeze the juice of half a freshly cut, ripe lemon and massage on hair and scalp for around 5 to 10 minutes.
- Leave it for ten more minutes, then wash off with a mild shampoo. You can use Head & Shoulders Lemon Fresh, for a guaranteed dandruff-free scalp with the added goodness of lemon as well!
Usage: once a week
#2 Lemon Oil, Coconut and Camphor Oil
- Warm 2 tbspof coconut oil and mix with 2 drops each of lemon and camphor oil.
- Gently massage for 5 to 10 minutes into scalp and leave overnight.
- In the morning, cover with a warm towel for ten minutes.
- Wash hair with a mild shampoo.
Use Lemon Juice as a Scalp Exfoliator:
Lemon Juice & White Vinegar Scalp Exfoliator
- Mix equal quantities of lemon juice and white vinegar.
- Massage onto scalp 10 minutes.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo.
Use Lemon For Hair Growth:
Remedy #1: Lemon Oil, Castor Oil and Olive Oil
- Mix 1 tbspluke warm olive oil with ½ tbsp warm castor oil and 3 drops pure essential lemon oil.
- Massage well into scalp and hair for 5 to 10 minutes and leave overnight.
- In the morning, continue with the lemon juice hair therapy and wash using a herbal shampoo.
Frequency: once a week.
Remedy #2: Lemon and Aloe Vera
- Mix 2 tbspof fresh, natural aloe vera gel with 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice. Alternatively, you can substitute this with 3 tbsp aloe vera juice.
- Massage for 5 minutes on scalp and hair with the aloe leaf.
- Wash off after 20-30 minutes.
PRO TIP: If you don’t have 30 minutes for this hair care routine, you can also use Pantene Pro-V Nature Fusion Smoothness and Life which is a blend of naturally derived ingredients like Aloe Vera and Cassia Flower. Give you hair a new life with this shampoo!
Use Lemon Juice, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Egg As A Moisturising Hair Mask
- Make a hair mask by mixing 1 egg with 1 tbsp olive oil andthe juice of half lemon.
- Apply on hair and scalp and leave to dry.
- Wash off with clean water.
4 Tips & Precautions To Keep In Mind While Using Lemon
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice is preferable over packaged juice as it is free of damaging preservatives.
- Lemon juice is acidic and excessive use can make hair dry and brittle, so use in moderation.
- Do not apply on open wounds or cuts.
- Lemon is also a bleaching agent so do not leave on for over 10 minutes.