We want you to know how to make hair straightening cream at home so that you no longer have to spend thousands of rupees on chemical treatments. Also, we know the importance of healthy hair in a gal’s life, so we’re sharing our list of natural ingredients that can be used as part of a natural hair straightening cream. Not only will this hair straightening cream at home be inexpensive, the organic ingredients in it will help make your hair soft, silky and shiny.
2 Ways To Make Hair Straightening Cream At Home:
1. Moisturising Hair Straightening Cream:
- You’ll need a cup of coconut milk, 2 tbsp. of olive oil, 2 tbsp. of lemon juice and 3 tbsp. of corn starch.
- Mix the lemon juice and the corn starch together
- In a heating pan, mix the coconut milk, olive oil and the above mixture and start heating it on a medium flame gently
- Keep stirring it constantly till you get a slightly thick paste
- Wash your hair with Pantene Pro-V Silky Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner and apply this paste to your hair after it’s dry
- Cover your hair with a shower cap or a steamed towel for 2 hours
- Wash it off with a shampoo and a condition your hair as well
- Continue doing this twice a week for 2 months and you’ll notice your hair changing texture for silkier, smoother and straight hair
Not only will the lemon in this mask fight off dandruff, the coconut milk will make sure your hair fall is under control as well!
2. Hair-Fall Control Straightening Cream:
This method is slightly different than the above one and helps in controlling hair loss.
- The ingredients you’ll need for this treatment are – 1 cup of coconut milk, 2 tbsp. of coconut oil, 2 tbsp. gelatine powder, 2 tbsp. of corn flour, 2 tsp. of lemon juice and 2 tsp. of organic honey
- Heat 2 tbsp. of coconut oil in a cup of coconut milk while stirring
- In another bowl, mix 2 tbsp. of gelatine powder and 2 tbsp. of corn flour together
- Pour the dry ingredients into the heating pan full of the coconut goodness and mix well till a thick consistency is achieved
- Remove it from the heat and once it cools down, mix the lemon juice and honey in it as well
- Make sure that you have clean and untangled hair before you apply this paste to your hair
- Part your hair into different sections and keep untying them as soon as you apply the paste to one section
- You need to apply it evenly from your roots till the tips of your hair
- Keep pulling them straight as you go and once you’re done, leave for half an hour
- Rinse with cold water but don’t shampoo your hair, instead apply some conditioner and let your hair hang straight
- Keep the conditioner for 5-7 minutes and rinse with cool water again
- Do not blow or towel dry your hair, let it dry naturally to reveal magically straight hair!
- Avoid using shampoo for a few days to help the concoction seep deep in your hair. If you want a more permanent solution, repeat this straightening hair cream 2-3 times a week
Hurray! You don’t need those expensive chemicals or gadgets to straighten your hair anymore!
Also, check out how to straighten hair naturally with 7 amazing home remedies here at our blog.
Check out more hair care tips & trend setting hair styling ideas here.
Read more beauty tips here.