Shea butter is not naturally found in India. The amazing beauty essential is extracted from the seeds of the karite fruit, native to Africa. Yes, it is tad expensive; but believe me, the money you spend is worth every buttery bit of it.
We all know that Shea butter is used in many skin care products, but today I am going to reveal to you its secrets in hair care. Are you ready to be amazed?
10 Amazing Ways In Which Shea Butter Benefits Your Hair
#1 For hair growth
Use Shea butter for hair growth. The butter repairs hair follicles and promotes healthy hair.
#2 To sooth irritated scalp
Your scalp could be irritated, whether due to environmental pollutants or chemical treatments. Use Shea butter to soothe and reduce inflammation in an irritated scalp.
#3 As an anti-dandruff remedy
An irritated scalp can lead to itching and eventually dandruff. Shea butter can be massaged into the hair to tackle the itching and flakes, whether your scalp is oily or dry.Steps:
- Take a dollop of Shea butter in one hand.
- After it melts, use the fingers of the other hand to massage it bit by bit into your scalp.
- Do this 2-3 times a week to eliminate dandruff.
#4 To repair damaged hair
Dry, brittle and damaged hair can benefit from Shea butter. It softens as it repairs, leaving you with gorgeous hair again.
- Mix Shea butter with a carrier oil, like olive or coconut oil.
- Apply this Shea butter hair mask to your tresses.
- Let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash it out with a nourishing shampoo like Pantene Pro-V Total Damage Care Shampoo and Conditioner
#5 To tame unruly hair
Say goodbye to wild, frizzy hair. Shea butter will tame and make your wildly-flying tresses more manageable. And because it is non-greasy, it will not make your hair sticky.
- Rub a teaspoon of Shea butter between your palms.
- When it melts, run your hands through your hair.
- Brush your hair to make sure every strand is covered.
#6 To protect hair from damage
We love the outdoors, but the sun can damage your hair with its UV rays, as can other environmental pollution. Use Shea butter for hair that is exposed to damage, and give it a protective barrier against all pollution.
#7 Heat protection
If you straighten or iron your hair regularly, use a little Shea butter to protect your hair against heat damage.
- You can use the butter directly or add grapeseed/ avocado oil, both of which have a high smoke point.
- Apply it to small areas as you blow dry or straighten your hair.
#8 To strengthen hair
Earlier I spoke about how Shea butter promotes hair growth. You can also apply Shea butter regularly to your hair if you are prone to easy breakage. You will notice a significant improvement of the thickness and strength of your strands within a few weeks.
#9 As a hair moisturiser
Shea butter is non-greasy and so makes the perfect moisturiser for hair. Whether your hair is straight or curly, Shea butter locks in moisturiser and keeps your tresses beautiful.
#10 For natural hair
You can regularly use Shea butter for natural hair that shines and bounces with health.
There are many Shea butter benefits, but only if you use a 100% natural and unprocessed product. Go on; give your hair the pampering it deserves.
In case you cannot find shea butter, you can also use olive oil for hair as it provides equal nourishment and texture.
Check out a complete hair care guide with amazing hair care tips, hairstyling ideas and DIY hairstyle tutorials here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.