Are you looking to get some blonde highlights this summer? Or perhaps you just want to go all the way (the colour, silly). But you are terrified of messing up your hair with artificial colours and chemicals.
I get that. Hair is precious, and while you want to experiment and have some fun with bleached hair, you really don’t want to do that at the expense of your lovely tresses.
So, what’s to be done then? Step into the kitchen, we say. Your pantry and refrigerator hold within their doors beauty secrets that you aren’t aware of. Let me show you how you can do it.
4 Natural Ways To Bleach Your Hair At Home:
#1 A lemon wash
We all know of the astringent properties of lemon. When applied on your hair, it also works as natural bleach.
- Make a solution using equal volumes of lemon juice and distilled water.
- Rinse your hair with the solution regularly.
- Very soon you will notice a change in hair colour.
- For faster results, you can increase the proportion of lemon juice. But take care not to overdo it as it could irritate your scalp.
#2 Vinegar Wash
Tangy vinegar is another natural hair bleach solution for getting those blonde locks.
- Make a solution using equal parts vinegar (preferably apple cider or anything organic) and distilled water.
- Just as above, give your hair a good rinse with this solution.
- If you want just highlights, you can streak strands with this blend and let it sit for a while.
#3 Chamomile Tea Wash
I love relaxing with a cup of chamomile tea on a weekend. The aroma is a wonderful way to start the day. The same herb can also give your hair a gorgeous blonde kick.
- Brew a few cups of chamomile tea.
- Do not drink it, but put it aside to cool.
- While you wait, you may go and make another cup to drink.
- Once the earlier brew has cooled down, rinse your hair thoroughly with it.
- If you want, you can apply the blend on individual strands to get highlights.
- Then go and sit in the sun, and let your hair dry naturally.
#4 Honey, olive oil
Along your journey on learning how to bleach hair, if you get uncomfortable about using strong astringents, perhaps I could interest you in some olive oil and honey, love?
- Make a mix of ¼ cup each of honey and olive oil.
- Warm the blend a bit, but not too much.
- Massage the mix into your hair or apply it on select strands for highlights.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes before washing it out with a nourishing shampoo like Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Repair Shampoo.
- Take care in the bathroom as oil can make the floor slippery.
Also, check out 3 homemade deep conditioning hair masks to condition your hair naturally and retain your hair colour here.