What is Hair Spa all about?
If you're going in for a hair spa, the therapist would first take a look at what kind of hair you have, its quality, etc. You are then offered suitable remedies and packs. Some spas also have a protein treatment for hair. The idea is to rejuvenate and protect the hair. A serum is mixed with the conditioner onto the hair. I recommend using argan oil, which is very beneficial and can penetrate the hair shaft and restore moisture. After oiling and shampoo, a deep-conditioning mask or pack made with natural ingredients is applied to the hair and massaged well.
5 Steps to do Hair Spa at Home
The belief in the therapeutic powers of mineral waters dates back to many centuries. The word 'spa' has its roots in ancient Roman & Greek civilizations which basically stands for a healing bath in mineral-rich spring water. A hair spa is not just about pampering the hair with a massage. It also provides nutrients to the hair, with a variety of packs. The five essentials are: hair oil, massage, shampoo, conditioner & hair mask.
1. Massage your scalp: This is the first step to start a hair treatment at home. Warm up some coconut oil or olive oil. Massage your head gently. This increases blood circulation and boosts hair growth.
2. Steam the hair: Dip a towel in warm water and squeeze the excess water out. Wrap the towel around the hair. This allows the oil to penetrate deep into the scalp. Do this for about 5-6 minutes.
3. Wash your hair: Now, wash the hair with a mild shampoo. Use only cold water as hot water is harmful to the hair roots.
4. Apply conditioner: Post the shampooing, use a conditioner. You can also use the water of tea leaves to which a few drops of lime juice has been added. Or try a paste of grated beetroot to which hibiscus powder has been added. The hibiscus flower powder is a great base and is rich in iron and other vitamins. Rinse it off after half an hour with just warm water and no shampoo.
5. Lastly, a hair mask: The last step is crucial as it seals in the nourishment. Try making this mask at home. In a bowl, mix two eggs, honey and some coconut oil. You can add a ripe banana to this - banana is a hair softener. You can also use olive oil instead of coconut oil. Leave the mask on for 20 minutes, then rinse with a mild shampoo.
That's it. You have successfully completed a home hair spa therapy at home in just 5 simple steps. We recommend repeating this process once a month to ensure healthy, soft & shiny hair.
Learn more about hair spa treatment & its many advantages.
More hair care tips & trend setting hair styling ideas here.
Read more Beauty tips here.
Avail exciting Pantene coupons here at Reward Me.