Walnuts are the powerhouse of energy, they are full of omega-3 fats which are the kind of fats your body loves. Despite having plenty of health advantages, walnut oil for hair is another benefit in its multitude of benefits. What with them being abundant in protein, vitamins and minerals!
If you’re worried about hair loss, then walnut oil for hair growth is what was missing in your hair care routine till now! Besides using walnut oil for hair regrowth, we have curated a list of its most amazing benefits and how you can take advantage of them.
10 Benefits Of Walnut Oil For Hair:
- Fights hair loss
- Destroys dandruff
- Promotes hair growth
- Acts as an anti-fungal
- Boosts shine
- Repairs dead hair cells
- Relieves an itchy scalp
- Increases strength from the roots
- Improves overall health of scalp
- Natural hair dye
It’s amazing how much nutrition these tiny ingredients pack within themselves. So much so, that regular use of a walnut oil hair mask will help you with any problem related to your tresses! We have some unique DIY walnut hair mask recipes for you which will not only add strength to your hair, but also give them a sheen like never before!
2 Ways To Use Walnut Oil For Hair:
1. Black Walnut Oil For Hair:
Black walnuts are a rich source of juglone, plumbagin and tannin, which leave a stain on whatever they come in contact with. They can be used as a natural dye for hair and clothing as well. Here’s how to dye your hair with this wonderful ingredient.
- You’ll need 2 tbsp. of black walnut hull powder, 4 cups of water and a pair of gloves to prevent staining your hands
- Mix the powder in the water and bring to a boil
- You need to keep boiling it till you have achieved a deep brown colour
- Let the solution cool down and apply with gloved hands
- Make sure you carefully apply it to your hair and not your skin, otherwise you’ll be walking around town with black patches
- Keep it on for around 15 minutes, depending on how dark you want your hair to be
- Wash it off with water and let your hair dry naturally
2. For Silky Smooth Hair:
The high concentration of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) in walnut oil helps it provide the nourishment that our hair starves for on a daily basis. Once you regularly start using walnut oil for your hair, you’ll notice that not only does it provide all round nourishment to your hair, but even the hair fall you were experiencing will have drastically reduced.
- All you’ll need is 5 drops of tea tree oil, 5 tbsp. of walnut oil and 2 tbsp. of jojoba oil
- Mix all these oils well and apply to your scalp and hair thoroughly
- Massage your hair for 15 minutes and then cover with a steamed towel
- You would ideally need a mild shampoo like Pantene-Pro V Total Damage Care Shampoo and Conditioner to remove the oil and also nourish the hair
- Repeat this twice a week and notice your hair getting stronger by the day
Also, check out 7 amazing benefits of amla for hair & ways to use it in hair care routine along with walnut oil to maintain that glossy and gorgeous hair all year round.
Read expert hair care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.