Hair loss is a common problem that everyone faces at one point. Read these quick tips & home remedies for effective hair fall treatment.
It is said that hair is your health barometer and if you’re seeing more of it on your pillow or in the shower, there’s no need to ring any alarm bells. Losing about 100 hairs on a daily basis is a common occurrence. It happens when you comb your hair or even when you just do nothing. But new ones grow and replace them.
Excessive hair loss is attributed to a number of reasons - genetics, illness, medications, or even a poor diet. It can be extremely disturbing and embarrassing and there are two approaches to hair loss prevention – medical intervention and diet.
When in doubt, see a dermatologist. He will be able to recommend a topical application or a pill. These can be quite effective but the drawback is that they work for only as long as they are used. Your hair will start falling when you quit.
Hair replacement is another option available to both men and women. Some of the common methods are hair grafts and scalp reduction. Hair grafting is an outpatient procedure done at the dermatologist’s office. Several sessions are usually required to achieve a natural look.
Scalp reduction surgeries are just what they sound like. Skin which doesn’t have hair is surgically removed so that it looks like one has a full head of hair. It can be performed in conjunction with hair grafting.
Hair Fall Treatment - Simple Home Remedies to Control Hair Fall Effectively:
- Coconut milk is a great source of nutrients. Massage it on the scalp to reduce hair fall.
- Aloe vera gel also works wonders. Massage the scalp with aloe gel, leave in for a few hours and then wash with lukewarm water. Aloe gel, coconut milk and wheat germ oil make a great hair conditioning treatment to help fight hair fall.
- The hot oil hair massage is an indulgence that is so typically Indian that many of us don’t realise how it helps. Massages help stimulate blood flow to the scalp. Choose coconut, olive, mustard or almond oil for best results. Getting a head massage has two advantages – stimulating hair follicles and also making you feel relaxed.
- Indian herbs like neem and amla steeped in massage oil are great hair fall treatment options.
- In case of really severe hair fall, use hair packs made with eggs or yogurt to soothe the scalp and nourish hair. Of course, hair spa salons are equally effective.
- Get a trim regularly to keep split ends at bay.
- Be mindful of what you eat – bad food habits coupled with stress will result in hair loss. Eat a balanced diet.
- Rubbing wet hair vigorously will lead to hair breakage. Avoid brushing wet hair for the same reason.
- Don’t tie your hair tightly all the time as it puts pressure on the roots and causes hair to fall.
- Heat in any form is bad for hair. Hot water, hair dryers and hair styling tools dry out the hair. Limit their usage.
- Try not to use too many hair products as residue can build up. Rinse shampoo well to make sure hair follicles are not clogged.
- Make sure to follow product instructions carefully. If you use too much of a product, it could lead to more hair fall.
To solve your problem of hair loss, try some of these natural remedies. Also, following a proper diet will keep your hair healthy & help reduce hair fall. So, eat plenty of green vegetables and fresh fruits as much as possible.
More hair care tips & trend setting hair styling ideas here.
Read more beauty tips here.