Before we begin, you must know that hair growth is influenced by genetics as well as external factors like climate, water, pollution, diet and of course, the effort we put into our hair care regime. So as long as you’re doing the basics – protecting your hair from extreme temperatures, cleansing regularly, eating a balanced diet and drinking enough water – the following honey recipes for hair growth and hair health should go a long way in nourishing your precious mane.
Benefits Of Honey For Hair:
- Well, it’s a natural humectant so it draws moisture to your hair.
- It also comes loaded with essential minerals and antioxidants which make sure that your hair is well nurtured on a regular basis.
- Honey is tricky though so it’s all about knowing how to blend it with the right ingredients so you don’t end up with a sticky mess that you can’t rinse off.
Try these easy homemade honey hair mask recipes and follow up with your Pantene Pro-V Lively Clean shampoo for better results.
Homemade Honey Hair Mask Recipes:
Honey and water: Yes, it can be that simple.
- Just mix enough water so you have a paste that you can easily spread on your hair and scalp.
- How much depends entirely on the length of your hair.
- But don’t make it too watery or you’ll have a different kind of mess on your hands.
- When done, spread it evenly on your hair and scalp and leave it on for thirty minutes.
- Rinse with shampoo.
Honey and oils:
- If you swear by coconut oil, you might want to try this combo.
- But really, any oil that you would use on your hair works just as well.
- Feel free to experiment with almond or olive oil as well to achieve the best results.
- Follow the same routine. Mix so that you can spread the honey and oil evenly on hair and scalp.
- Leave it on for thirty minutes and rinse with shampoo.
- Repeat at least once in two weeks.
An important thing to keep in mind is that you’re going to need the raw organic honey if you want to get the best out of this ritual. The pasteurized stuff that you find in supermarkets is of little to no use at all so make sure you’re doing it right.
Repeat this haircare routine as often as once or twice a week but at least, once in two weeks to enjoy healthy, well nourished hair.Also, check out 14 ways to use aloe vera for hair to maintain gorgeous tresses all year round here at our blog.
Check out a complete hair care guide with amazing hair care tips, hairstyling ideas and DIY hairstyle tutorials here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.