Does cutting hair make it grow quicker?
The simple anwser is No. The thought that cutting hair will make it grow faster/quicker is a myth.
The myth may have something to do with the fact that hair when cut gets a better shape and tends to look healthier than hair that has no shape or bears a lot of split ends. You can get the same result without a haircut; give a boost to your hair by using volume-enhancing styling products. A good hair cut can help you fake volume—layered hair works well to achieve this.
Trimming the dead ends on your hair does not necessarily make your hair grow faster. However, it does promote healthy hair. The average growth of healthy scalp hair is about 1/2 inch per month. The rate of growth varies on different parts of the body, between sexes, and with age. Also, hair growth really depends on body chemistry. As long as you get your ends clipped every 6 to 8 weeks and promote good hair care you hair will grow as it should.
No amount of hair styling products, shampoos or hair cuts can really make your hair grow faster.
Here are 5 simple tips to ensure that your hair grows naturally & beautifully:
- Keep trimming the dead ends. If you don't then they will work their way up the hair shaft and may cause the hair breakage
- Use quality moisturizers or oils on your hair
- Use a mild cleansing shampoo at least every two weeks
- Do not use a lot of heat on your hair. If you blow dry your hair a lot, you can to wrap your hair and sit under a hood dryer.
- Eat nutritious food & take vitamins for healthy hair
It is important that you know that hair has a normal, biologically determined growth rate. Nothing can speed up or slowdown your hair growth rate.
Also, check out 5 effective home remedies for split ends here at our blog.