Many salons and hair care companies use the terms hair glaze and hair gloss interchangeably. (I will do the same for the most part too.) There are, however, differences between the two. We will talk about that in a bit. Let me first tell you why you should consider hair glaze treatment in the first place.
If your hair looks and feels dull, blame it on excessive heat, environmental pollution and even bad or negligent hair care. This damages the cuticle layers, leaving you with dull and lifeless hair. It is also the reason coloured hair starts to look less vibrant very quickly.
If you want your hair to look shiny and gorgeous again, you must try hair gloss treatment. It evens out the hair shaft so light reflects back uniformly. And that is what makes it shine. Hair glaze and hair gloss both give the same result, but there is a difference.
What Is The Difference Between Hair Gloss & Hair Glaze Treatment?
- First of all, hair gloss goes into the hair shaft and works from within, closing the cuticles. Hair glaze products, on the other hand, coat your hair evenly to give a shine.
- The second difference is hair colour. Gloss contains peroxide and can change the colour of your hair by a whole shade or two. Hair glaze only coats your hair and might give it a semi-permanent colour.
- Thirdly, the duration of the result is different. Hair gloss is more long-lasting and can stay for up to 4-6 weeks. Hair glaze is a short-lived treatment and the results are usually gone within 1-2 weeks.
Most salons offer both types of treatment, but if you don’t wish to subject your hair to chemical treatments, or want a cheaper and easier way to get the same shine at home, read on.
How To Do Hair Gloss & Hair Glaze Treatment At Home
#1 With honey
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of pure honey to ½ litre water.
- Apply it to your hair and cover with a shower cap.
- Wash it after half an hour.
#2 Try an egg shampoo
- In a bowl beat an egg.
- To it add 1 tablespoon each of fresh lemon juice, olive oil and liquid vegetable oil based soap.
- Mix it well and dilute it with half a cup of water.
- Add 3-5 drops of your favourite essential oil.
- Apply the blend to dry hair.
- Wash it off after half an hour with cool water. After washing your hair, apply Pantene Pro-V Milky Damage Repair Oil Replacement on wet hair which will help you lock in moisture from roots and repair damage.
#3 Delicious orange and coconut mask
- In a bowl mix the juice of one lemon and half an orange.
- Add one tablespoon of coconut oil. Mix well.
- Top it up with two tablespoons of crushed green tea leaves.
- Allow the mixture to rest for 30-60 minutes.
- Apply it to your hair and wash it after 15 to 20 minutes.
#4 Say cheers to beer rinse
Got a bottle of flat beer at home? Rinse your hair with the non-fizzy beverage for shining hair.
#5 A shot of espresso
- Brew a fresh cup of strong espresso.
- After it has cooled down, gently pour it over your hair.
- Wash it off after 20 minutes like usual.
Now that you know how to successfully do hair glaze at home, which method will you try first?Apart from these treatments you can use mustard oil to maintain hair shine. Check out our 8 step guide on how to use mustard oil for hair here at our blog.
Read expert hair care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.