Both curd and yoghurt are dairy products that have been fermented differently. Yoghurt is fermented using bacteria known as ‘yoghurt cultures’. Curd on the other hand, is fermented using lactic acid bacteria. Indian curd is made in a matter of few hours by adding a spoonful of the curd itself to cool milk which has been boiled earlier.
Using curd for hair is way better than using chemical conditioners. Packed with vitamins like B5 and D, a hair pack with curd will help strengthen it from within. With healthy and nourished hair, you can try the many hairstyles you’ve always wanted to, without a care in the world. A curd hair mask will also help you prevent troublesome dandruff as it has anti-bacterial as well as anti-fungal properties. No more shirking in embarrassment while wearing a black top!
A curd mask for hair will help you with hair loss, and at the same time the protein present in it will help you recover the loss as well. We’ve put together simple DIY recipes which you’ll surely thank us for later. I promise you that you’ll find all these ingredients in your kitchen and won’t have to go hunting for anything.
Fight 7 Common Hair Care Problems With Curd Treatment:
1. Curd Hair Packs For Strong & Shiny Hair:
Curd & Egg Hair Mask:
- 4-5 tbsp. of curd
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
Steps To Make:
- For extra nourishment, you can squeeze in the goodness of 1 Vitamin E capsule.
- Mix it all together and apply as a hair mask for 20 minutes.
- Wash with a mild shampoo like Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Repair and cool water. You can instantly feel your hair with smoother texture.
Curd & Hibiscus Hair Pack:
All you need is:
- 4 teaspoons of curd
- 2 tablespoon of hibiscus oil
- Mix the ingredients well and apply it on your scalp
- Rinse it off after 30 minutes with cold water and mild shampoo
2. Dandruff. Begone!
I know how irritating dandruff can be. This curd hair pack will help you deal with it, permanently. Say No To Dandruff With Curd & Lemon Hair Mask:
- Freshly ground pepper,
- 5 tbsp. of curd
- 1 tsp. of lemon juice.
Steps to Make:
- Make a nice smooth paste of all the ingredients and apply to hair for half an hour, twice a week.
- Keep using this recipe for a few weeks and I assure you its anti-fungal properties will destroy the dandruff, forever!
3. Restore Your Hair:
This recipe of curd for hair growth will feed your hair follicles all its protein goodness and you’ll have stronger and longer hair before you know it.
Dahi & Amla Hair Pack To Boost Hair Growth:
Steps To Make:
- Take a bowl and mix together about a cup of curd and 2 tbsp. of amla powder.
- Leave on hair for around half an hour after which you should wash it with a mild shampoo.
- The vitamin B5 complex present in this magical ingredient will repair your damaged hair in no time.
4. Condition Your Hair With Curd & Aloe Vera Hair Mask:
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 4 tsp. of aloe vera gel
- 3 tbsp. of curd
Steps To Make:
- Mix all the ingredients well and apply it on scalp for half an hour.
- Wash it out with cool water and a shampoo!
- Repeat once every week for gorgeous hair and much needed attention.
5. Curd Hair Treatments To Fight Hair Fall:
Fenugreek & Curd Hair Pack:
Our recipe of curd for hair fall is undoubtedly the easiest. All you need is
- 3 tbsp. of fenugreek /methi seeds
- 5-6 tbsp. of curd
Steps To Make:
- Mix all these ingredients and apply it on your hair for an hour every week.
Not only will you notice less hair in the drain while showering, your friends will thank you for not losing all your hair on their white couch. You can also follow these 5 essential tips to prevent hair fall in rainy season along with the curd hair pack.
Curd & Black Pepper Hair Pack:
Experiment with this hair treatment to stop hair loss.
All you need is
- 100 gram of curd
- 1 gram of black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients and apply it on your scalp.
- Rinse it off after 15 minutes with lukewarm water and mild shampoo
- Apply this hair pack at least once a week and you will be surprised to see the results
6. Get Rid Of Split Ends With Curd & Honey Hair Pack:
This hair pack will not only help you get rid of split ends but will also confer your hair with a gorgeous luster.
- Some curd
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix a bowl of curd and a table spoon of honey.
- Massage your scalp well with this mixture especially at the hair ends
- Let this mixture stay on your hair for 20-25 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Continue this treatment for a month and wait to see the results.
7. Say No To Itchy Scalp With Multani Mitti & Dahi Hair Pack:
The goodness of multani mitti and curd helps you get rid of toxins and itchy scalp.
For this pack, you will need:
- 4 tablespoon dahi
- Multani mitti
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon of olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Soak multani mitti in water for 2 hours so that it swells and then make paste out of it.
- Add other ingredients to it and mix it well.
- Apply it on your scalp
- Cover your scalp with shower cap for 30 minutes
- Wash it off with cold water and mild shampoo
Who knew bacteria could be so nourishing?