Thinning hair isn’t a problem only men face. Given today’s crazy lifestyles, and the associated stress, women too are beginning to show all signs of hair loss and thinning; enough to warrant concern.
The medical term for the condition is alopecia, and it starts with thinning of hair, patchy hair loss and eventually balding. Instead of wringing your hands, and crying over why it happened, have you considered mesotherapy?
What is Mesotherapy?
- Mesotherapy is an alternate baldness treatment that helps reverse hair loss and can give you back your confidence.
- Mesotherapy for hair works by encouraging re-growth through better circulation and by giving your scalp a vitamin boost.
- Hormonal balance in your scalp is restored and DTH hormones, the ones responsible for balding, are quietened down.
How does mesotherapy for hair loss work?
- Trained technicians inject a solution that comprises essential nutrients, directly into your scalp. Sounds painful, but actually it’s not.
- A tad uncomfortable, perhaps, the first time. But you know what they say: no pain, no gain.
- The solution sparks sleepy and dormant hair follicles into action, making them work and trigger hair growth where there wasn’t any earlier.
The process works in two ways:
The needle makes tiny perforations in your scalp and causes your skin cells to produce collagen and elastin, your skin’s main building blocks.
- Next, the injected solution helps stimulate the cells into countering the problem.
- Say, if your scalp has poor blood circulation, then the solution used is a ‘vasodilator’.
- If there is much inflammation, an anti-inflammatory is injected.
The medication operates on a delayed-release system that improves blood circulation, neutralises DHT, reduces inflammation, stimulates collagen, increases follicle size that goes on to stop hair loss and accelerate hair growth.
How long does the treatment last?
- The treatment is based upon individual patients, but you will need the therapy for about 4 months, once a week.
- Of course, once your body starts responding to the treatment, the duration and frequency of the treatment will reduce.
- But do complete the course for maximum results.
Is mesotherapy better than hair grafting or other techniques?
- Mesotherapy wins over several other existing treatments because:
- It is completely safe
- There are minimal side-effects, like allergies or drug interaction
- You will not require anaesthesia (see, we told you it’s painless)
- Recovery is quick
- And yes, once again, it is virtually painless
And what do you get with mesotherapy treatment?
Among the known benefits of mesotherapy, patients have noticed:
- Improved hair volume
- Reduced hair shedding and loss
- Stronger and lustrous hair
Taking care of mesotherapy hair is easy. It is, after all, natural hair and you need to maintain and clean it just as you would do otherwise. We recommend using an enriching shampoo like Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Repair to keep the new hair nourished. And yes, follow a nutritious diet and maintain a healthy exercise regimen to keep toxins out of your body.