So here’s the thing. Beer comes loaded with minerals, vitamins and other essential nutrients conducive to hair growth – oh, yes, beer for hair growth, it isn’t just a great conditioner! It also comes with silica – a mineral which plays a big role in volume (Yes, volume! That much needed volume!) And it’s the best cure for flat hair days. Beer for hair is great at absorbing excess oil and an excellent cure for dandruff and itchy scalps too. Think of the frothy top of a mug of cold beer. Now apply that principle to your hair and you’re likely to get a good picture of the kind of puffiness you can expect from a good beer conditioner.
Now, a couple of things to keep in mind:
- Beer hair therapy must be done in moderation if you have dry hair, as it can make them weak and prone to breakage.
- It is a good idea to use beer for dry hair with other essential oil massages.
- For oily hair with frequent bouts of dandruff and itchiness, using beer for hair on a regular basis makes a spectacular difference.
- If you’re open to consuming beer, you could supplement this routine with one pint a week so that many of those nutritional goodies go directly into the body.
Right, so now that we’ve convinced you on the benefits of beer for hair, let’s get into how to use it.
Different Ways To Use Beer For Hair Growth
DIY Beer rinse:
- This is highly recommended for those who don’t have oily hair but would like that extra volume that beer provides.
- For this, you’re going to want to go with your usual oil massage, followed by your Pantene Pro-V Silky Smooth hair shampoo and finally, use the beer as a conditioner.
- Only, allow it to get to your scalp as opposed to regular conditioners.
- Let it stay for about half an hour before you rinse it off with plain water.
- If you absolutely hate the smell of beer on your hair, you could use a very mild shampoo to rinse it off.
DIY Beer hair mask:
- This is a trick to add to your regular hair mask recipe – whether you’re using an egg mask or a henna mask or an essential oil mask.
- Just add enough beer to make a paste of your hair masks and leave it on for 45 minutes.
And tada! Say hello to big, dramatic, shampoo-commercial-esque hair!
Also, check out 10 ways to get shiny, glossier hair with these egg yolk hair pack recipes by Reward Me.
Check out a complete hair care guide with amazing hair care tips, hairstyling ideas and DIY hairstyle tutorials here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.