7 Amazing Hair Care Benefits of Amla
A common reason for hair problems is a deficiency of Vitamin C, which is found abundantly in Amla.
Amla, also called the Indian Gooseberry,has a plethora of medicinal properties and has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for many years. Little wonder why it is beneficial, be it raw, as an oil or as amla powder.
Here are 7 benefits of using amla for hair
- One of the best things you can do to cure hair loss is to massage your hair with amla oil.
- Amla contains oodles of essential fatty acids, which strengthen hair follicles, giving your hair strength and lustre.
- The surplus of vitamin C in amla can help halt pre-mature greying.
- Not only is amla a great hair conditioner but also an effective treatment for dandruff.
- If you want to enhance the natural colour of your hair, all you have to do is mix amla with henna powder.
- One of the best remedies for a dry, flaky and itchy scalp is amla oil; it has the ability to penetrate the scalp deeply and nourish it from within.
- Amla stimulates hair growth owing to its high iron and carotene content.
How to use amla for hair health
Amla Oil Massage:
Warm the oil a bit and then get a scalp massage with it. Do this at least once a week.
Make a hair strengthening pack using amla:
Step 1: Make a smooth paste by mixing roughly 2 teaspoons of amla powder with warm water.
Step 2: Add 1 teaspoon of honey and 2 teaspoons of yogurt to it. Mix well and apply on your hair.
Step 3: Let it sit for half an hour before you wash it off with hot water.
Make an anti-dandruff pack using amla:
Step 1: Mix 2 teaspoons each of shikakai and amla powder in a bowl.
Step 2: To this mixture add some curd to form a paste.
Step 3: Apply the resulting paste to your hair and let it be for 15 minutes before washing off with cold water and a mild shampoo by either Pantene or Head and Shoulders, as both brands are really gentle on your hair and also nourish it from the roots.
Did you know that amla is also useful in weight loss? Learn the benefits of amla juice for weight loss here.