3 Easy Ways To Style Bangs, Fringes & Side Bangs
Bangs and fringe hairstyles are the most versatile and can add style and charisma to any hair length, texture or face shape.
Bangs are very similar to a fringe in that the front part of the hair is cut in a shape that falls across the forehead. Bangs are usually cut at or above the eyebrows and can be ruffled, or spiked with mousse, gel, or hair wax. Side bangs are cut slightly longer till the eyebrow and combed to fall on one side of the face.
Fringe hairstyles and hairstyles with bangs have received a celebrity following since the past year. They come in so many shapes and styles, that frankly, it’s virtually impossible to not find one that suits your face structure and hair type.
Want to change your look without blowing up a bomb? Just ask your stylist to layer your cut with bangs. First timers can get their side bangs cut so that they fall below the cheekbone and above the chin.
Now before you visit your hair stylist, be sure to wash and condition your hair Pantene Pro-V Silky Smooth shampoo to get soft, smooth hair.
3 Extremely Gorgeous Bangs Hairstyles
1. Heavy Fringes and Bangs
Best suited for oval, round or heart shaped faces and on fine hair.
- Apply a dollop of light volumising mousse to damp hair and blow dry using a brush
- Make a deep side parting and gather all of your hair over to one side
- Fluff it up at the back using your fingers to let it look natural
- Spray a light hairspray to hold the style
- For a party look, spike up the fringe up and gel the side bangs and back
2. Curly Shoulder Length Bangs
Best for round, oval or heart-shaped faces with medium hair
- Prep up by spraying a light hairspray on dry hair by parting in sections
- Take a fringe over to one side by making a deep side parting
- Lightly curl hair from mid lengths to ends only
- Run your fingers through your hair to fluff up and separate the curls for a natural look
- Set with a light hairspray
3. Invisible Fringe
Best for oval, square or round shaped faces and on thick hair.
- Apply a light smoothing lotion on damp hair
- Blow dry with a flat brush
- Straighten with a straightening iron to even out the creases. Ensure that you use a styling spray that will act as a thermal protectant for your hair. Pantene Pro-V Stylers Heat Protection Spray is safe bet to keep your hair damage-free.
- Make a deep side parting and style the hair inward, keeping the fringe soft
- Style the longer layers to accent your cheekbones.
- Set with a light hairspray.
The effect of bangs depend upon the shape of your face and type of hair. Here are 5 tips to keep in mind for your hairstyle:
- If you have a long face, bangs will make it look shorter.
- A round face can appear more angular with long, side swept bangs that fall till the cheekbones.
- If you have a square face, avoid heavy blunt bangs and go for long side bangs.
- If you have straight hair, bangs will help create more width.
- If you have wavy hair, stick to long and side swept bangs.
If you are still not convinced to cut your hair, check out this video tutorial to make fake bangs here and see how it looks!
Read more about trend setting hairstyles, DIY hairstyle tutorials and hair styling ideas here at our blog.
Get the best beauty tips at Reward Me.