Onion For Hair - 10 Hair Health Benefits & Tips To Use It For Hair Growth
Onions are good for a lot more besides adding flavour to food.
10 Amazing Benefits of Onions for Hair
Rich in antibacterial and antifungal properties, the use of onion for hair truly helps keeps hair loss at bay. Here are 10 amazing ways your hair can benefit from using onions:
- They are very good at hair follicle nourishment and help restore lost nutrients to your scalp.
- They are rich in Sulphur, which is known to minimize breakage and thinning.
- They have potent anti-bacterial properties and help fight infections of the scalp. This in turn helps reduce hair fall as scalp infections can cause massive loss of hair.
- They are naturally potent antioxidants, which is why they help reverse the effects of premature greying.
- This vegetable lends a healthy shine to hair, which can become permanent when used regularly.
- Research has found that they have the ability to prevent neck and head cancer.
- They also make your hair uninhabitable for lice.
- Add volume by using onion juice for hair.
- They can be used to fight dandruff owing to their rich anti-bacterial properties.
- They improve blood circulation which is another way they contribute to hair growth.
Learn How to Make Onion Juice at Home
- Peel the onions and cut them in 4 parts
- Blend these pieces in a juicer/grinder
- Add a little water and then filter the juice using a muslin cloth.
- This will ensure that no onion chunks are stuck in your hair while you use the juice.
Learn How To Use Onion Juice for Hair Growth
- Give your scalp a good application of onion juice
- Using your fingers, gently massage it into your scalp using circular movements
- Let it sit for approx. one hour
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo with a nice fragrance to get rid of the pungent smell of onions. Pantene Pro-V Silky Smooth Care shampoo and conditioner will cleanse your hair gently and also nourish it.
- Do this often to witness the benefits
You can also add the benefits of onions and some other ingredient to get stronger, glossier hair!
4 Homemade Onion Juice Hair Packs for Stronger, Healthier Hair
#1 Honey and Onion Juice Hair Pack For Hair Growth
- Take quarter cup onion juice
- Mix a tablespoon of honey in this juice
- Apply this mixture on your scalp and hair roots
- Wash it after 30 mins with a mild shampoo
#2 Olive Oil and Onion Juice Hair Massage for Hair Growth
Olive oil is a great oil for hair massages as it penetrates your scalp and nourishes it readily. Olive oil also has anti-dandruff properties and hence is an added bonus!
- Take 3 tablespoons of onion juice
- Add 1 and half tablespoons of olive oil in it
- Massage this mixture in your scalp in circular motions
- Wash this off with a mild shampoo after 2 hours
- Do this regularly to get stronger, dandruff-free hair!
#3 Onion and Curry Leaves Hair Mask
Curry leaves is known for its many hair benefits. It helps strengthen hair, prevents greying and boosts hair health.
- Blend fresh curry leaves in a paste
- Add 2 tablespoons of onion juice in this curry paste
- Apply this hair pack on your scalp
- Wash it off with mild shampoo after an hour
#4 Yogurt and Onion Hair Pack for Stronger Hair
Yogurt helps fight hair fall and when added with onion juice, helps in the hair growth process.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of yogurt and fresh onion juice in a bowl.
- Apply this hair mask on your scalp
- Wash this mixture off with a mild shampoo after an hour
Tips To Remember While Using Onion Juice:
- Always filter the juice made so as to avoid flaky onion particles in your hair. Removing these flakes from the hair is going to be a painful task. So better to filter the juice with a muslin cloth before applying it on the scalp.
- Always use mild shampoos to wash onion juice from your hair.
- You can garlic, apple cider vinegar to get added benefits of these ingredients
- If you can’t stand the pungent smell, you can add a few drops of any of your favorite essential oils in the juice.
- Always perform a patch test before using onion juice to prevent any allergic reactions