A whiff of camphor (kapur) and I am transported back to my childhood and the trunks of winter clothing. My childhood memory apparently has also been used for its medicinal properties as far back as 600 AD. Who knew, right?
Today let’s talk about using camphor oil for hair. Overuse of products or neglect can damage hair. But all is not lost. There are several uses of camphor for hair and I have decided to share all of them with you today.
8 Benefits Of Camphor (Kapur) For Hair:
#1 For stronger hair
Stress, bad nutrition and pollutants can make hair weak. Camphor oil can reverse the damage.
How To Use Camphor For Stronger Hair:
- Mix camphor oil with a raw egg and apply it to your hair, especially to the roots.
- Let it sit for 15-20 minutes before washing it off with a nourishing shampoo like Pantene Pro-V Silky Smooth Care Shampoo & Conditioner.
#2 To fight hair loss and balding
Premature hair loss and balding can affect the appearance and confidence of an individual. Massage with camphor oil for hair loss control.
- Mix equal parts camphor oil and coconut oil.
- Massage it into your hair, making sure to get the oil in the roots.
- Let it sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash as usual making sure all the oil is removed.
- Do this regularly to boost hair growth.
#3 For faster hair growth
You can use camphor oil for hair growth and flaunt gorgeous hair for all to envy.
- Mix camphor oil with essential oils like lavender or chamomile.
- Massage this deep into your hair.
- Or make a hair mask of camphor oil, yogurt and eggs.
- Apply this once a week to see noticeable results.
#4 Softer, manageable hair
The harsh environment, excessive product use and hair neglect can lead to rough and damaged hair. But camphor oil can still save the day.
- Mix camphor oil with coconut or olive oil.
- Massage it into your scalp and hair for softer hair.
#5 No more itchy scalp
An undernourished scalp can be itchy and irritated, leading to issues like hair fall and rough hair. You can control it with camphor.
- Apply camphor to the affected area.
- Make sure skin is not inflamed or raw as camphor can burn.
- Camphor will cool your scalp and relive the itching.
#6 Goodbye dandruff
An itchy scalp means a flaky scalp, which means dandruff. Use camphor for dandruff and say goodbye to embarrassing flakes on your clothes.
- Massage camphor oil in your scalp and hair regularly.
- See a noticeable difference within days.
#7 Lice and bugs no more
If you have school-going kids, chances are you must have picked up lice sometime. If shampoos don’t seem to do the trick, try camphor oil.
- Mix camphor oil in water and use this while bathing.
- The essential oil cleanses and disinfects.
- It also kills lice and prevents further infestation.
#8 Delay grey hair
Have premature greys but don’t want to use chemical dyes? Try a natural remedy like camphor.
- Boil extra virgin coconut oil with fresh hibiscus flowers.
- Turn off the heat and add two small tablets of camphor to the mixture.
- Once the solution is cool enough massage it into your hair and scalp.
- Done regularly, it will slow down the appearance of grey hair.
8 simple and effective hair care remedies using camphor. Try them today and let us know which one worked the best.Also, check out 13 ways to use fenugreek for hair to maintain those gorgeous tresses all year round here at our blog.
Check out a complete hair care guide with amazing hair care tips, hairstyling ideas and DIY hairstyle tutorials here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.