Garlic is traditionally used while cooking, and also used a lot for medicinal purposes. However, as many people don’t know, garlic oil also has a ton of beauty benefits and can really impact the health and look of your hair significantly.
8 Must Know Benefits Of Garlic For Hair:1. Garlic oil makes your hair stronger
- Using garlic oil for hair helps it grow stronger because of all the sulphur that’s in it
- Sulphur is really important when it comes to hair care as it acts as a building block for keratin, which is basically the nutrient that makes your hair (and nails) grow
- If you use garlic oil by massaging it into your scalp, it can help your hair become strong and flexible
2. It combats dandruff
- Garlic is known for its antifungal properties
- It helps you fight dandruff and restore your hair to its original health prior to the dandruff
- If you are not keen to fight dandruff with Garlic Oil, you can always use Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care with Almond Oil Shampoo
3. Garlic helps prevent hair loss
- Garlic has an element called Selenium which loads up your hair with all the Vitamin E that it needs
- This prevents hair breakage thus improving the overall health of your hair
4. It helps improve the circulation in your scalp
- Using garlic for hair means letting your hair benefit from Vitamins C, B2 and B1
- In non-medical terms, these vitamins increase circulation in your scalp and promote healthy hair growth by preventing hair loss and balding
5. It helps your hair grow longer
- Using garlic for hair growth is an effective solution to wanting long, strong hair
- All the iron, minerals, and vitamins in garlic help your hair grow longer faster. Thus, you should use garlic for hair loss
6. Garlic prevents defective hair growth
- Garlic has a ton of copper in it and this helps preventing defective hair growth
7. It adds to the structural component of your hair
- Garlic adds calcium to your hair which helps improve the structural component of your hair
8. Garlic turns your hair into a nutrition sponge
- Garlic also adds a lot of manganese to your hair
- This is great because manganese allows your hair to act like a sponge and soak up any and other nutrients that it needs to be healthy
How to make garlic oil at home?
Creating garlic oil at home is a piece of cake. Don’t confuse it with garlic essential oil because these two are not the same thing. To make garlic oil at home, all you have to do is follow these 3 simple steps:
- Mince a few garlic cloves in either olive oil or coconut oil, depending on which one you prefer.
- Put it in a mason jar and store it in a cool, dry place for at least a week.
- Once you’re done, you can use it in your hair and watch how the garlic oil benefits it in no time!