“Yuck Mom, I hate methi, it tastes awful”, are probably your first memories of this glorious vegetable. Well let me tell you, your mother is never wrong. Fenugreek or Methi is just packed with goodness and nutrition. And you’re reading this article because you already know that and you know now that it’s always a good idea to listen to your mother.
With what is Methi Fortified and The Various Benefits of These Nutrients?
- Fenugreek is great for your hair, skin, body, digestion, heart, you name it.
- It relieves constipation, helps cure things like mouth ulcers, bronchitis, chronic coughs and even cancers.
- If you’re a breastfeeding mom, methi seeds help you lactate more.
- Fenugreek benefits your hair greatly
- It is packed with Protein, which helps fight baldness
- It also has great amounts of Vitamin C, which helps boost your immunity
- Methi is also rich in Iron, which is good for your blood circulation
- Fenugreek is also rich in Potassium, which prevents against greys
- It is also a source of Nicotinic Acid, which encourages hair growth and Lecithin, which energizes hair follicles.
13 Amazing Benefits of Using Fenugreek or Methi Seeds for Your Hair
1. Fenugreek Seeds for Hair Fall
Methi for hair fall is not a far-fetched notion now that you know what fenugreek is made up of.
- Soak the fenugreek seeds overnight
- Blend them with a bit of water or lemon juice.
- Apply it to your hair like a face pack and don’t worry about shampooing it off, it will wash right off.
- But remember to use a mild shampoo like Pantene Pro-V Hair Fall Control, which also strengthens your hair from root to tip.
2. Methi Seeds for Hair Growth
Fenugreek seeds for hair growth is really the best thing ever!
- Boil fenugreek with coconut oil until the seeds go reddish
- Then apply the warm oil on your scalp.
- You will be amazed as to how this wonderful concoction will boost your hair growth
3. Methi for Excess Oil on Scalp
- Make a paste of fenugreek seeds and 2 teaspoons apply cider vinegar (after soaking together overnight)
- Apply to your hair to control the excess oil
- Wash it off with a mild, clear shampoo, as creamy shampoos tend to make your hair greasier
4. Methi for Dry & Itchy Scalp
- If you’re suffering from a dry and itchy scalp an easy fenugreek seed paste combined with an egg yolk is the cure
- Leave the mask on for 30 minutes
- Wash it out with a mild shampoo
5. Fenugreek Hair Pack for Dandruff
- For dandruff, just combine the paste of fenugreek with yogurt
- Apply 3 times a week for a sure cure
- Ensure to wash off every particle of methi off your hair with a mild shampoo
6. Fenugreek Seeds for Shiny, Luscious Hair
- Leave a glass of water with fenugreek seeds to soak over night
- Drink this water the next morning sans the seeds for luscious hair
7. For Premature Greys
- Make a paste of fenugreek seeds and curry leaves or curry patta
- Apply it to your hair for about 30 minutes, this is an ingenious way to prevent premature greys
- Wash it off with mild shampoo and cold water
8. Fenugreek Seeds for Damaged Hair
Miracle working fenugreek seeds can also reverse damage caused to your hair like split ends, frizz and general weak hair.
- Mix your fenugreek paste with coconut milk and apply to your hair.
- Leave it in and cover your hair with a towel for about half an hour so it soaks up all the goodness
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo and cold water
- Do this regularly to see the magic happen
9. Methi Seeds as Hair Conditioner
- Take 10-15 grams of methi seeds
- Soak them in water overnight
- Next morning, grind it into a thin paste
- Apply it on your hair and leave it on for at least 30 minutes
- Wash it with water and mild shampoo
- This will deeply condition your hair
10. Fenugreek Seeds for Lustrous, Glossy Hair
- Take 25 grams of soaked methi seeds, 25 grams of curd, lemon juice, honey and water
- Blend all the ingredients together in to fine paste
- Apply this hair pack all over your hair
- Wash this hair pack with a mild shampoo after 45 minutes
- This hair gives shine, prevents dandruff and hair fall as well
11. Fenugreek for Soft, Frizz-Free, Detangled Hair
- Take a few tablespoons of dry methi seeds
- Wash it to remove dirt and then soak it overnight
- Next morning, blend the seeds into a thin paste
- Add a little coconut oil to this paste and mix well
- Apply this mask to your hair and scalp
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo after 30 minutes
- You will soft and shiny hair after this treatment
12. Methi Seeds For Dry Hair
- Take a handful of methi seeds that have been soaked in water overnight and grind it to a fine paste
- Add a little curd to this paste along with honey and olive oil
- You can also oil your hair overnight and skip putting olive oil in the hair pack
- Mix the ingredients in the paste and apply it on hair and scalp generously
- Wash the paste after 45 minutes with a mild shampoo and conditioner
- Do this ritual twice a week to get gorgeous hair naturally
13. Methi for Curly Hair
- Methi also helps in defining your curls by removing the frizz from the hair
- Soak 4-5 tablespoons of methi overnight in double the quantity of water. You can have boiled water as a soaking agent
- Next morning strain the gelatinous water
- Take this sticky water and rinse your hair post your shampoo routine
- Leave it on your head for at least 10 minutes
- Wash it off with water after sometime
- It will dry faster and give your curls a lovely bounce without any hair products
Now that you know the various benefits of using fenugreek (methi) for your hair, we suggest you try and include this in your daily hair care routine by either of the ways recommended above and let us know your experience with methi in the comments below!
Check out a complete hair care guide with amazing hair care tips, hairstyling ideas and DIY hairstyle tutorials here.