Do you often envy models for their lustrous and beautiful tresses? Are you frustrated with not having healthy hair? Well, you needn’t fret over your locks anymore. Alo vera is here to save the day.
7 Ways In Which Aloe Vera Benefits Hair Health:
- The natural goodness of aloe vera combined with a host of beneficial properties give your hair the strength and sheen you’ve always wanted it to have.
- If hair loss is something you suffer from then using aloe for hair growth is a great idea. It contains proteolytic enzymes which naturally stimulate hair growth.
- It forms a protective layer over your hair that keeps it safe from environmental elements and also keeps it consistently hydrated.
- It can also relieve scalp itchiness and irritation owing to the fact that it has potent anti-pruritic properties.
- One of the truly amazing benefits of aloe vera for hair is that it can reduce dandruff. This is owing to the fact that it has strong anti-fungal properties.
- It has very potent anti-inflammatory properties which help reduce redness and inflammation that could be caused by waxing and shaving.
- It helps restore the pH balance of your hair because its own pH level is in the same range as your hair needs to be.
How to Use Aloe Vera to Treat Your Hair:
1. Standard Conditioner:
Keeping your hair damp, simply apply aloe vera gel using your fingers. This also provides a soothing effect to the scalp & helps in setting your hair in place.
2. Leave-in Conditioner:
Thoroughly mix the same amount of water and aloe and transfer the solution into a spray bottle. Add a few drops of an essential oil and you’re ready.
3. Deep-clean Conditioner:
Thoroughly mix the same amount of olive oil and aloe gel. Using a comb spread the resulting mixture evenly on your hair.
4. Aloe Vera for Hair Growth:
Aloe vera for hair loss is a quite unexplored area in our hair care routine. However, these aloe vera hair packs are an effective way to curb hair fall and also a completely natural way to address this issue!
a. Aloe Vera and Egg Hair Mask:
- You need eggs yolks, aloe vera, and coconut oil or olive oil.
- Mix all ingredients to make a smooth paste, without any lumps
- Apply the aloe vera egg mask on your hair and scalp. Ensure that your roots are covered in this mask
- Wash your hair with cold water and a mild shampoo and conditioner
b. Onion and Aloe Vera Hair Mask:
- You need onion juice and aloe vera gel for this hair mask. Both these ingredients have well known medicinal properties that promote hair growth.
- Apply the mixture of onion juice and aloe vera gel on your hair and scalp
- After an hour, wash it with a mild shampoo and conditioner
5. Aloe Vera Hair Mask for Greasy Hair:
- Make a mixture of aloe vera gel, a mild shampoo and lemon juice
- Apply this mixture on your greasy hair
- Rinse it off after 10 minutes with cold water
6. Aloe vera for Dandruff:
a. Aloe Vera with Coconut Oil
- Mix aloe vera gel with coconut oil and cook this mixture over a low flame for 30 minutes
- Get this concoction to room temperature
- Massage it gently on the scalp and hair and ensure it has spread evenly
- Wash it with a mild shampoo and conditioner after 3 hours
b. Aloe Vera and Honey, Yogurt Hair Mask for Dandruff:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel, 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of yogurt and olive oil
- Massage this paste on your scalp for 15 minutes
- Wash it with warm water after 30 minutes
- You can use this hair mask once a week
c. Aloe Vera with Neem Oil:
- Mix some drops of neem oil (around 12-15 drops) with aloe vera gel (around 2-3 tablespoons)
- Massage this mixture all over your scalp
- Leave it on for the entire night
- Next morning wash it off with a gentle shampoo and conditioner
- You can do this twice a week for effective dandruff removal
7. Aloe Vera for Grey Hair:
- Keep fresh juice of amla in an iron bowl overnight
- Mix fresh aloe vera gel to this stored amla juice
- Store this mixture for a week and apply daily
- You need to do this for at least 3 months for visible difference in hair colour
8. Aloe vera for Itchy Scalp:
- Take fresh aloe vera gel and massage it on your scalp 20 minutes prior to your shower
- Leave it on for a minimum of 20 minutes and wash it off with a mild shampoo and conditioner
9. Aloe Vera as Post Hairstyling Serum:
- Rather than using store bought hair serums for shiny, lustrous hair, you can use aloe vera gel
- Take a pea sized quantity of the gel and apply it over your hairstyle
- You will get a lustrous hairstyle immediately
10. Aloe Vera for Split Ends:
- Take Aloe vera gel, lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl
- Mix the ingredients to get a runny paste
- Apply the mixture on your hair for 30 minutes
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo and conditioner
11. Aloe Vera for Curly Hair:
- For defined curls, you can apply aloe vera gel on your just washed hair and scrunch it up
- If you think, you want more definition for your curls, you can use curling products after the application of aloe vera
12. Aloe Vera Shampoo:
- For rough and brittle hair, aloe and honey shampoo is ideal, as it adds moisture and shine to your hair while strengthening your hair at the same time
- Take a few aloe leaves, 2 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Mix aloe gel, honey and apple cider vinegar in a blender. The gel should be thoroughly mixed with the other ingredients
- Use this shampoo for softer hair!
13. Aloe Vera for Dry Hair:
- Take a little of aloe vera gel and almond oil
- Mix both the ingredients and apply it on the scalp
- Let it penetrate the roots for atleast 20 minutes
14. Aloe Vera for Frizzy Hair:
- Take 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, 6 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and 4.5 tablespoons of curd
- Mix the ingredients and apply the paste on your hair for 30 mins
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo and conditioner
Now in a lot of the methods mentioned above, we have suggested using fresh aloe gel. If you are wondering how to get your hands on fresh aloe, read on!
How To Apply Fresh Aloe Vera on Hair:
- Get a leaf of aloe vera (either a store or from your garden)
- Cut the yellow bitter part and wash the leaf to remove all the residual yellow stuff
- Cut the edges of the leaf
- Thinly slice the top layer of the leaf. Ensure that you do not cut the gel within
- Scoop out the gel from the leaf
- Now use this gel in any of the above mentioned recipes and enjoy long, lustrous and glossy hair!
We understand that not everyone will want to completely ditch their regular hair care regimen and switch to aloe vera completely. This is why we recommend using aloe shampoos by brands like Pantene. They contain all the properties of aloe in its natural state and give your hair the nourishment it needs.