An engagement is almost as important as a wedding. You exchange rings and sweets, and there is a general air of merriment around. Not the serious, minute-by-minute planning of a wedding. But the look of the bride is just as important – your dress, your jewellery and accessories, and your hairstyle.
Have you chosen your hairstyle for engagement yet? Hurry girl, hurry. You need to choose, practice and perfect the look for the big day.
We’ve shortlisted 5 trendy and fun engagement hairstyles for you. Pick the one that you think works for you.
5 Stunning Engagement Party Hairstyles
#1 Sweep him off his feet
You can try this simple yet gorgeous hairstyle if no-fuss dressing up is your style. And yes, you need sufficiently long hair for this to look really wonderful.
- Sweep all your hair on to one side
- Instead of adorning the middle of your hair with a maang tikka, place it on the opposite side of where all your hair has been swept to.
- With a curling wand, curl your hair from the ends to halfway up.
- Get ready to sweep him off his feet.
#2 Braids can look stunning too!
A braid is an interesting and unexpected choice for your engagement. You can look casual and stunning, at the same time, with the many ways you can decorate the braid.
- Comb your hair and make a centre parting.
- Gather all the long strands of your hair and fashion a loose braid out of that.
- Secure the end with a decorative band.
- Fasten a maang tikka in the centre.
- Adorn the braid with flowers, jewels and crystals to complete the look.
- Pull out a few strands from the front and let them frame your face loosely.
#3 Wrap him up in these side curls
Whether it’s a lehenga or a sari, or a dress, this hairstyle for engagement party is a sure conversation-stopper.
- Start with clean washed hair. We like to use Pantene Pro-V Silky Smooth Care for shining hair.
- Comb all your hair back and to the side.
- Rub in a styling mousse.
- Using a curling wand, make tight curls all the way from the bottom to the top.
- Run your fingers through them gently to loosen them a bit, but not much.
- Fasten the hair with clips to keep it in place, although we suspect the mousse will do the trick.
- This is when you can wear those lovely dangling earrings and show off your slender neck for all to see.
#4 The best of two
If you’re feeling bold and also want your hair out of way, you can try the half up do and half bun hairstyle for your engagement. This is a clean and neat hairstyle that will take a while to create. So, mind the clock before you sit down to get ready.
- Gather up hair from the middle of your head and fashion a neat roll with that. Fasten it using pins.
- Take the rest of the hair from the back and make a bun at the back of your head.
- You can use a decorative bun pin to hold the hair in place and also to look beautiful from the back.
- For a softer look, pull out a few strands from the front and allow them to hang around your face on both sides.
#5 Simple and sweet
Want to leave your hair open and still look well made-up? This is one of the easiest engagement hairstyles long hair can be styled in.
- Take a small section of hair from the crown area and comb it back.
- Without leaving the hair, push it a bit towards the front and fix it with a pin.
- The rest of the hair can be left loose to create a sweet and simple look.
- You can, of course, adorn the hair with a maang tikka and wear lovely danglers to look the part of the bride-to-be.
So, these are our top five Indian engagement hairstyles that you can choose for your special day. Which one will you go with?
Also, check out our top picks for wedding reception hairstyles here.
Read more about trend setting hairstyles, DIY hairstyle tutorials and hair styling ideas here at our blog.
Get the best beauty tips at Reward Me.