Some women are so excited about their wedding that they begin planning for it since they are little girls. Not to say those who don’t aren’t kicked about it. There are different levels of excitement. But we’re not here to talk about that.
Let’s talk hairstyles, shall we? Not for the wedding; plenty has been written about that. We want to tell you about some of the coolest bridal hairstyles for reception.
5 Must Try Wedding Reception Hairstyles
#1 The Classic Bun
The classic bun is one the most popular and versatile of hairstyles for Indian wedding reception. Chances are you have picked a ghaghra with a gorgeous dupatta for the evening reception. You know you will look resplendent in that, and the bun is the perfect hairstyle to show off your reception ensemble.
- Start by brushing out your hair.
- You can make a middle parting, or a side.
- Make a high ponytail, securing it tightly.
- Wrap your hair around itself, starting at the base of the ponytail.
- Make a bun and tuck the loose end underneath.
- Secure with lots of hair pins.
- Adorn the bun with range of hair accessories to look like a bride from head to toe. Maang tikkas, jewels, flowers … the choices are unlimited for such quintessential reception hairstyles.
#2 The Side Braid
If you don’t want to look stiff and nervous (even if you might be feeling within), you can try the side braid. Again, how you style it depends on your dress, the jewellery and your overall look.
- Brush out your hair.
- Make a deep side parting.
- Separate the hair in three sections.
- Fashion a braid by taking the section on the right and moving it to the left, over the middle section.
- Do the same with the left section and drape it across the new middle.
- Continue this way until you reach almost the end of your hair.
- Fasten with a transparent band.
- Once again, you can glamourise the hairstyle with accessories, jewels and flowers.
- Pull out a few strands to create a soft, romantic look.
#3 Up Swept Curly Wedding Hairstyle
Yet another super chic hairstyle for long hair is the up-swept curly messy updo.
This is really cool if a compact bun or a braid isn’t quite up your alley. Look cool, classy and chic, all in one look, with this messy hairstyle for reception. You can show off the curve of your neck and the fancy jhumkaas you got especially for the evening.
- Separate your hair in small sections.
- Use a curling iron to add waves to all sections.
- Divide the hair horizontally, securing the top portion with large hair clips.
- Gather up the bottom part and roll the hair into a casual bun, fastening it with lots of pins.
- Now take the hair on top, and section by section, tuck it into the bottom bun.
- Spritz a lot of hairspray to keep it in place.
- Allow runaways to remain to give a soft, romantic look.
Do you know what could look even sexier? Colours. If you’ve streaked your hair for the wedding, this hairstyle will bring out the hues beautifully.
#4 Multi-tiered Indian Updo
This style could be a strong contender for the bun, but on a much larger and grander scale.
- Start by washing your hair with an enriching shampoo like Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Repair.
- Iron out your tresses to get straight strands all over.
- Starting from the bottom, layer them across and over, building it all up into a large updo.
- Embellish it with crystals, jewels, and flowers to complete the stunning bridal look.
#5 French Twist
If you’re anything like me, you probably have short hair; and are wondering what Indian bridal hairstyles for reception you can go with.
Try the French twist. It’s easy to fashion, and doesn’t require a lot of length. And it works really well for short hair. You can look classy and very much like a bride with this sophisticated hairstyle.
- Start with washed hair.
- Spritz a little hairspray for hold.
- Gather up all your hair behind, holding it between your four fingers on one side and the thumb on the outside.
- Twist your hand, rolling the hair along with making a sort of cylindrical shape.
- Slowly pull your hand out and fasten the twist with pins.
- Decorate with flowers and jewels get the bride look.
Five exciting hairstyles to choose from. Not an easy task, mind you. Which one do you think you want to go with?
Also, check out top 5 trending wedding hairstyles that every bride must know here.
Read more about trend setting hairstyles, DIY hairstyle tutorials and hair styling ideas here at our blog.
Get the best beauty tips at Reward Me.