Coconut milk, by virtue of its many nutrients, can be used as a beauty food too; not just for skin but also your hair. There are many benefits of coconut milk. It can leave you with mane that is long, strong, and shining with good health. You can use coconut milk for hair growth, conditioning, and for silky smooth hair.
Coconut milk can be extracted by following a simple process. Just follow these steps to extract the milk from coconut at home.
- Step 1: Add a fistful of fresh shredded coconut to a blender.
- Step 2: Bring water to boil.
- Step 3: Pour the hot water directly into the blender.
- Step 4: Blend for two-three minutes until you have a creamy mixture.
- Step 5: Strain this mixture to remove the meat of the coconut.
- Step 6: Store the liquid coconut milk in a jar.
Once you have the coconut milk, you can use it in different ways by mixing it with different ingredients to get beautiful hair.
Coconut Milk for Hair Growth:
- You can apply just the coconut milk on your hair, from roots to tips, and massage gently. Cotton pads can also be used for application
- After 30 minutes, it can be washed off with Pantene Pro V Silky Smooth Care Shampoo
Even coffee works wonders for hair. Check out 10 ways to use coffee in your hair care routine & diy coffee hair mask to boost hair growth here.
Coconut Milk for Hair Fall:
- Mix coconut milk with plain water and add half a teaspoon of powdered camphor to it
- You could replace the plain water with yoghurt. Apply this solution to the areas where the hair has thinned or over bald patches for a couple of hours
- Wash it off as usual. Instead of rubbing your hair dry, just pat dry or allow to dry off naturally
Coconut Milk for Greying Hair:
- Treat greying hair with coconut oil mixed with amla oil. Both contain loads of vitamin C. Amla is also known for darkening the hair
- After 30-60 minutes, you can wash your hair with warm water
- Never use hot water to wash your hair as it strips off the natural oils
Coconut Milk For Hair Conditioning:
- You can mix some coconut milk to your shampoo while washing your hair to detangle and condition your tresses.
- For dry hair, you can mix coconut milk with honey and any hair oil, and wash it off after 30-60 minutes
- Coconut milk can also be used as a leave-in conditioner. You can rub a little bit of coconut milk in your palms and massage it into the hair as you would with serum or baby oil, and comb it
Coconut Milk as a Hair Shampoo:
- If you don’t want to use commercial shampoos, you can prepare a shampoo by mixing coconut milk with liquid castile soap, and a teaspoon of vitamin E.
- You can also squeeze out the oil from vitamin E capsules
- These are just a few ways to take advantage of the goodness of coconut milk, and score sleek strands.