So, you’ve heard of lemongrass tea and yes, you vaguely recall that it’s an essential oil as well but what is lemongrass, really? Is it a type of lemon? Is it, umm, grass? Well, neither, really. It’s just an herb that’s well known for its therapeutic properties and can treat a whole gamut of health issues – from cosmetic woes to digestive problems to joint pains, you name it. You’re going to want to store this wonder cure in your cabinet, trust us.
5 Must Know Benefits Of Lemongrass For Skin & HairLemongrass Benefit #1: Lemongrass for Hair Loss
- Lemongrass is a rich source of iron, the deficiency of which causes hair loss. Hence, lemongrass oil is a great remedy for hair loss!
- It’s an essential oil, so you can mix it with your favorite carrier oil and massage your scalp and hair
- Leave it on for about an hour and rinse it off Pantene Pro-V Nature Fusion Shampoo
Lemongrass Benefit #2: Can be a part of your First Aid Box
- Lemongrass oil works as an antiseptic as well as an astringent since it promotes the contraction of muscles, hair follicles, skin and blood vessels
- You can clean your external wounds with lemongrass oil
- Lemongrass can also be used as a toner after your cleansing routine
Lemongrass Benefit #3: It is rich in Vitamin B
- Lemongrass is rich in B-vitamins which are essential for metabolic function, heart health
- It is also rich in Folate or B-9 which helps prevent birth defects in infants
- You can use lemongrass in your herbal tea for improved heart health and general well-being
Lemongrass Benefit #4: Antipyretic Properties
- It has antipyretic properties, so it helps bring down high fevers by causing perspiration
- Hence stocking with lemongrass doesn’t seem like a bad idea when seasonal flus are on a rise!
Lemongrass Benefit #5: It helps you Relax
- Lemongrass is an excellent sedative
- It helps you relax – especially if you’re the kind of person who has trouble relaxing, falling asleep, suffering from FOMO or feel the need to keep checking your social media every time you wake up in the middle of the night
- A cup of lemongrass tea before bed can be just the thing to knock you out for a good night’s sleep so you wake up fresh and ready to take on the day
So, yes. We could go on and on but covering the full range of the benefits of lemongrass might be beyond the scope of this article. If you consider yourself a modern day medicine woman (even if it’s just in the family), make sure you don’t miss out on this herbal wonder. Also, check out 10 ways to use shikakai for healthier hair here.
Check out a complete hair care guide with amazing hair care tips, hairstyling ideas and DIY hairstyle tutorials here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.