These twist hairstyles for medium hair will not only allow you to try a new look every day, but will also help you keep those precious locks intact. Whether it’s a front twist hairstyle you saw on a girl in college or the twist braids Rihanna is sporting in her latest videos, we have your back.
4 Elegant Twist Hairstyles You Must Try
1. The Classic Twist:
This simple but pretty twist hairstyle is very helpful for those days when you want to look different but only have 5 minutes on hand.
- Take thick strands of hair from either side of your head starting from the hair near your temples. The strands should preferably be 3-4 inches thick.
- Now start twisting these strands from both sides and keep twisting till both the strands meet each other at the back of your head.
- Now twist both strands with each other and fasten it with a pin.
- Spray a little hairspray to manage flyaways and your classic twist is ready!
2. The Twisted Roll:
If you’re craving for a different look for a formal event, this hairstyle will definitely be your hair goal. Elegant and chic, it’s the perfect do for when you’re wearing a formal gown.
- Partition your hair into 3 sections with the middle section being the thickest.
- Now tie the middle section with 2 rubber bands, one on top and the other one near the tip.
- Roll this into an inward bun and secure with pins.
- Now start braiding both of the remaining strands backwards towards the bun.
- As soon as you reach the bun, start braiding both these sections into one another like you did for the classic twist.
- Neatly insert pins in place. Voila! Is that you, Cinderella?
3. The Twirly Pony Tail:
This hairstyle is best suited for days when you are craving for a fun but cute hairstyle.
- This is almost like the classic twist, except that instead of keeping the rest of your hair open, you need to tie them in a ponytail.
- As soon as both the twists from the side of your head meet at the back of your head, stop twisting and tie both twists in a rubber band.
- Now flip the pony up and around the rubber band and go back over them to make the twists seem as thick as you want.
- Pull up the rest of the loose hair into a tight pony just beneath the twist and you are ready!
- If you want you can curl the end of your pony tail to give it an even classier look.
4. Twisted Princess Buns:
To start with this look, first you need clean hair to work with. Wash your hair with Pantene Pro-V Lively Clean Shampoo & Conditioner and dry them before attempting this look. It won’t look that great if you do it with oily hair.
- Start by parting your hair into 4 equal sections, two on both sides of your head.
- Take one section on the back and roll it upwards to make a bun.
- Repeat on the other side. Your buns are ready.
- Now for the twist! Start twisting one of the front sections all the way towards the back of your head where your buns are.
- Do the same to the other section on the front till both twists reach their respective buns.
- Now secure the twists to the bun tightly with pins.
- Your elegant twisted princess buns are ready!
Since festive season is around the corner, so check out 10 hairstyles for special indian occasions here at our blog.Read more about trend setting hairstyles, DIY hairstyle tutorials and hair styling ideas along with essential hair care tips here at our blog.
Get the best beauty tips at Reward Me.