Except here’s the thing we probably didn’t realize: we were right about that initial hunch. Hair serums are in fact that easy to make and yes, they’re just mostly fancy oils thrown in together. But you don’t have to take our word for it. If you can find some time this weekend, here’s a list of super-easy natural hair serums that you can make yourself:
3 DIY Hair Serums For Common Hair Problems
#1 Hair serum for damaged hair:
- You’re going to need aloe vera gel, nettle and horsetail.
- Nettle and horsetail are easy enough herbs to source and if you can’t find them in your own garden, you should find them in a nursery.
- All you have to do is pour a cup of water in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Add a tablespoon each of nettle and horsetail leaves and simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Then strain out the leaves and mix the concoction with aloe vera gel.
Tada! You have your very own hair serum for dry hair and what’s more, both those herbs help promote hair growth so they should treat any dry-hair-related hair loss as well!
#2 Hair serum for shiny hair:
- If your complaint is dull, lifeless hair, you’re going to love this one.
- You’ll need 4 tablespoons of avocado oil and 2 tablespoons each of almond oil, argan oil, grapeseed oil and jojoba oil.
- Jojoba is a popular serum ingredient owing to its perfect consistency.
- These oils are all easy enough to source at any organic store, so once you’ve got your hands on them, just pour them into a container and mix well with a spoon.
- Your homemade hair serum is ready to be used! You may preserve the magic potion in a small, fancy bottle if you like, and carry it around. Who knows? The orders might start pouring once your friends get a whiff of this.
#3 Hair serum for straight hair:
- If you don’t like the waves in your hair and you’d rather have them straight and smooth, there just might be a way to achieve this without putting your hair through re-bonding.
- Take two tablespoons each of coconut oil, soy oil, jojoba oil and olive oil.
- Mix well and warm the serum before applying it to your hair – from the roots all the way to the tips, till every strand is straightened.
- Leave it on for about twenty minutes before rinsing with Pantene Pro-V Silky Smooth Care Shampoo.
So, there you go. It’s really that simple to make your very own fancy yet natural hair serum. Go on, get started, already!
Also, check out how to straighten hair naturally at home without using heating appliances here at Reward Me.
Check out more hair care tips & trend setting hair styling ideas here.
Read more beauty tips here.