Well, there might be a way out. For starters, there are tons of gorgeous, formal hairstyles that will take almost no effort on your part to get right. All you need is medium to long hair and a love for beauty experiments. Oh and we should mention – these take no time at all, so you should be able to swing any of these even for a regular work day. You’ll probably need to set the alarm about five minutes early. Right. Ready?
3 Super Stylish Formal Hairstyles That You Should Try
#1 The ballerina bun:
This is a stylish alternative to that messy knot that most women sport out of heat-related crankiness and frustration. But here’s the thing – there are so many interesting formal hairstyles for medium length hair that you can do without any expensive hair products or running to the salon! This is one of our favourites for its simple elegance and the fact that you can get it done in about five minutes or less. If you’re into the ‘effortlessly elegant’ look, then you absolutely must give it a shot after you’ve washed your hair with a good shampoo like Pantene Pro-V Total Damage Care Shampoo and dried it:
- Dampen your hair very lightly, making sure to not touch the scalp, and brush it out thoroughly so there are no knots.
- Bunch your hair together and tie it into a high ponytail using an elastic band and make sure to run a brush over it once again.
- Now twist the ponytail so it looks like a tight rope and make a bun, using bobby pins to hold it in place.
- The most striking thing about a ballerina bun is the fact that it’s neat and elegant so you might want to make sure that there are no stray hairs standing out. You could also use a spray (if frizz is an issue) to hold it in place.
And that’s it! You’re all ready – whether you’re headed to a glam evening or just another client meeting.
The side-braid single ponytail:
If you like braids or prefer an easy formal hairstyle that doesn’t require all your hair up in a knot, you might love this one. It’s super simple and adds an element of girlishness (if that’s the goal).
- As always, brush your hair thoroughly so that there are no knots.
- Braid one side of your hair and bring it all the way to the back of your head.
- Now bring the other, non-braided side, together with the braid and tie it into a single ponytail that falls on one side.
- You want to make sure that the bobby pins hold and the elastic you’re using is tight enough!
And you’re ready to dazzle.
The Greek Goddess:
Super dramatic name for a super simple and formal hairstyle for any hair length. All you’re going to need for this one is a nice, thin hairband. Remember, the hairband is the star of the show, so you want to make sure it’s something that stands out. A bit of bling wouldn’t hurt either.
- Dampen and brush hair thoroughly, removing knots.
- Slide your hairband in, but place it closer to the forehead.
- Now take all the hair on your back and stuff it into the hairband on the back, so that it looks like an elegant roll at the back. You might require bobby pins for this though it isn’t necessary.
- Now pull out enough strands in the front so that it frames your face nicely.
And voila! You’re ready to break mortal hearts.
Also, check out 10 ways to get shiny, glossier hair with these egg yolk hair pack recipes by Reward Me.
Read more about trend setting hairstyles, DIY hairstyle tutorials and hair styling ideas here at our blog.
Get the best beauty tips at Reward Me.