But if you’ve already had your doctor pronounce you perfectly healthy and you’re convinced the reason for your hair loss isn’t hormonal, you might want to keep your hair healthy and pampered by the many benefits of mustard oil for your hair. But, umm, mustard oil for the hair? Wouldn’t that make your hair smell like some kind of Bengali lunch? Well, that’s what nice-smelling shampoos are for, yes?
But before we go into how to use mustard oil for your hair, you should know why it’s such a key ingredient in most hair-related concerns.
5 Mustard Oil (Sarson Ka Tel) Benefits For Improving Hair Health:
1. Loaded With Essential Minerals & Anti-oxidants:
Mustard seed oil is rich in antioxidants such as selenium, which protect cells from harsh environmental conditions.
2. Natural Conditioner:
Mustard oil has essential fatty acids to keep your hydrated always. It also thickens your hair from root & promotes instant hair growth.
3. No More Bad Hair Days:
Massaging your hair with mustard oil boosts blood circulation, improves hair health and controls hair loss. Please do not forget to heat the oil a bit for best results. So yes, you can bid adieus to bad hair day.
4. Say Goodbye To Hair loss:
Mustard oil is loaded with proteins, essential for hair growth and maintenance of strong, healthy hair. So if hair loss is your complaint, it’s quite possible you’re running short of essential proteins and your body is directing any protein reserves towards more critical functions and away from the hair. So, again, regular use of mustard oil for hair loss can work magic for profusely shedding hair
5. Welcome Long & Lustrous Hair
And finally, mustard seed oil is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids – so important for fat hair growth and strong, lustrous hair. Yes, it’s basically a natural hair supplement.
How to Use Mustard Oil to Get Healthier Hair
- Mildly heat a small quantity of mustard oil
- Part your hair in the center and apply the oil from the roots all the way to the tips
- Gently massage the oil into the scalp for as long as you wish
- Leave it on at least for a couple of hours
- If your hair is very dry, mustard oil works as an excellent conditioner, so it would be safe to leave it on your hair even overnight
- You’d want to wear a shower cap or tie your hair in a turban before you go to sleep though, to prevent pillow stains
- Wash off thoroughly in the morning with a hair-nourishing shampoo like Pantene Pro-V Lively Clean Shampoo.
- Repeat twice a week for best results
Now that you know the wonders you can achieve with a single ingredient, make sure you’re regular at your mustard oil routine. You’ll be surprised just how much this oil that the ancient Greeks loved so much, has your hair problems covered!
Precautions To Be Taken While Using Mustard Oil For Hair:
1. Make Sure You Wash Your Hair Before Stepping Out:
Unwashed hair attracts dirt easily which results in oily hair & ultimately damages your tresses. So its better to wash your wash before stepping out.2. Do Not Use It Daily:
Apply mustard oil thrice a week as so to stimulate hair growth and lock the moisture into the scalp.
3. Always Keep A Check On Amount Of Oil You Use:
The quantity of oil you can use depends on the texture of your hair. If your hair is damaged, then you need to apply sufficiently larger quantity of oil and leave it on the scalp for at least 2-3 hours so as to allow the oil to penetrate into the hair follicles to get the best results.