Are you excessively colouring and styling your hair? Do you find yourself going through any specific hormonal changes, for example have you just had a baby or are you going through menopause? Do you have a thyroid problem? Are you under a lot of stress and eating too much junk?
If you want to know how to prevent receding hairlines or how to stop receding hairlines you really have to get to the bottom of some of these questions. Moreover, you also need to get cracking to ensure you take the right steps to make sure that receding hairline stops receding.
Our Top 10 Tips and Home Remedies for Receding Hairline
- A Healthy Diet that excludes refined food - Sugar and grain are known to cause or contribute to hair fall. Add to that refined food doesn’t bode well for any weight loss aims you may have set yourself, so why not kill two birds with one stone!
- Avoid alcohol containing hair styling products – Alcohol causes your skin and scalp to dry which can also cause hair fall so please check the ingredients of the hair styling products you buy and avoid alcohol at all costs.
- Minerals – Keep your follicles fortified with magnesium, zinc and selenium rich food and supplements.
- Vitamin B – Eat up your folate rich food and maybe consider doing a test to check your Vitamin B levels, because B deficiency can cause a receding hairline.
- Fish Oil - If we can be slightly scientific for a moment – DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) is a hormone that is the primary cause of baldness in both men and women. The Omega 3’s in fish oil are the best thing to counter DHT. So if there was one thing you decided to do in order to combat that receding hairline, let it be this – fish oil, fish oil, fish oil!
- Scalp Massage for 5 minutes a day – why would you not want to do this? It will totally relax you at the end of the day and it boosts circulation, which is great for follicle stimulation.
- Flax Seed or Flax seed oil – makes your hair stronger, please invest in some flax seed oil for your daily scalp massages and watch your receding hairline just vanish.
- Avoid tight pony tails – or any kind of hair do that pulls on your hair, you want your roots to be relaxed not taut. So do avoid the Jennifer Lopez pulled back pony for a while.
- Fresh Pineapple – Another fabulous home remedy for receding hairline is to fill yourself up with fresh pineapple, which is delicious and easy to do. Why you ask, well pineapple contains Vitamin C that helps strengthen our hair and it helps prevent scalp infections which can also cause a receding hairline.
- Don’t back comb – as lovely as it looks and as full bodied and luscious as it may make your hair seem for that one occasion or those few selfies, it’s not worth the aftermath, so just don’t do it ladies! Revel in your natural beauty, you’ll be happier for it and you’ll save oodles of time.
Remember to also keep your hair clean by washing and conditioning it regularly with a mild shampoo like Pantene Pro-V Hair Fall Control which strengthens hair from root to tip!Also, check out easy hair fall treatment and home remedies for hair fall here.
Check out a complete hair care guide with amazing hair care tips, hairstyling ideas and DIY hairstyle tutorials here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.