You can buy readymade bottles from the market or simply indulge in some DIY.
10 DIYs For Great Health Using Hibiscus
1. Hibiscus oil for hair growth:
- Wash, crush and grind 8 to 9 hibiscus flowers and leaves.
- Now heat 1 cup of coconut oil and add the hibiscus paste to it; mix, cover and turn the heat off.
- When it is slightly cool, rub the oil to your scalp and leave it overnight.
- Wash off the excess oil with Hibiscus shampoo or even one like Pantene Pro-V Nature Fusion Fullness and Life which is infused with essence derived from nature.
2. Controls premature greying:
- Take 4 tbsp. yoghurt, few hibiscus leaves and make into a paste.
- Rub this paste onto your hair for 1 hour before shampooing.
- This will help prolong premature greying of hair.
3. Prevents hair fall and split-ends:
- Soak amla powder in amla juice and mix hibiscus leaves to it.
- Make a paste out of this combination and treat hair fall and split-ends with this in a matter of just 45 minutes.
If you use hibiscus leaves for hair, you will surely not regret it!
- Take 15 leaves and 5 flowers from the plant and boil it in 1 cup water for 5 minutes.
- Wait for it to cool and then blend it into a paste.
- Mix gram flour to this paste and voila, your organic shampoo is ready!
5. Deep conditioner:
As seen in this article, there are many ways of using hibiscus for hair growth. One such way is when you are able to make your roots stronger. How?
- Just make a paste of 8 hibiscus flowers with water
- Apply it to a clean scalp and leave for 1 hour.
- The effect is the same as deep conditioning from an expensive salon.
Rid yourself off the dirt accumulated in the hair by using hibiscus leaves. Grind ½ cup of hibiscus leaves to form a thick paste, then massage your hair with it and leave for 3 minutes before washing off.
Hibiscus leaves are an excellent remedy for dandruff.
- All you need to do is soak 1 tbsp. of fenugreek seeds overnight.
- Next grind a handful of hibiscus leaves, the soaked fenugreek seeds and buttermilk together to form a paste and apply to your scalp.
8. Controls itchiness:
If you have a dry scalp then hibiscus oils might help.
- Boil a pot with half-filled water, mix some hibiscus flowers, neem leaves and fenugreek seeds to it and let the water evaporate a bit.
- Cool the mixture and then filter it through a sieve.
- Use the residue filter on your hair.
- Then rinse your hair with shampoo.
9. Preserves natural lustre:
Make a paste of 1 whole lime, few hibiscus flowers and henna leaves. Apply this mixture onto the scalp and leave for 30 to 45 minutes before washing off.
10. Stronger hair:
For stronger, thicker and manageable hair, use a mask of hibiscus with curd.
- Simply make a paste with few hibiscus leaves and add 4tbsp curd to it.
- Smear it over your scalp and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Wash off with shampoo
Also, check out 3 essential hair oil recipes to improve hair health and get stronger hair here.
Check out a complete hair care guide with amazing hair care tips, hairstyling ideas and DIY hairstyle tutorials here.